Chapter 8

"Homecoming is coming up" Mia said as she took a spoonful of chocolate ice cream and placed it in her mouth.

"I know I don't think I'm going" Sophia sighed making Shannon frown.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because no one is going to ask me" she laughed.

"So we can all go together, we don't need boys" Mia said, but then looked at me.

"Are you planning on going Katy?" She asked as she took another spoonful of ice cream, now all eyes were on me from my four best friends.

"I don't know" I giggled and stole the tube of ice cream from Mia.

"You should" Shannon said as she sat next to me stealing the tube away from me, making me laugh.

"I probably will end up going cuz you guys will kidnap me from my house" I giggled as they all agreed.

"What if John asks you?" Cleo smirked. They always had to bring him up to tease me witch was annoying sometimes but whatever. That's what friends do.

"He's not going to ask me" I laughed and grabbed the opened hot Cheetos and plopped them in my mouth. We were all having a sleepover at Mia's house, she suggested we have a girls night and catch up even though we see each other everyday.

"You don't know that" she said as she was on her phone.

"I don't know why you guys aren't dating already" Sophia said making me playfully roll my eyes, but then again I don't know why we aren't dating either.

"Can we not talk about John for one night please" I begged and if on cue my phone buzzed across the room, resting on Mia's desk. Sophia quickly got up and ran to my phone. She looked at my screen and grinned.

"Well well well" she smirked and handed me my phone.

I looked at my phone and saw that John texted me. I smiled to myself, until Shannon ripped the phone out of my hands.

"Shannon" I whined and tried to grab my phone, but she playfully pushed me back on the bed making me sigh.

"You don't even know my password" I said, but then remembered she had her fingerprint. She laughed as Mia, Sophia, and Cleo joined her as they read my messages with John.

"He totally flirts with you" Shannon said as their faces were glued to my screen. I blushed as I got up and grabbed my phone and locked it.

"Ok enough" I giggled as we all sat down on the bed. I should probably reply to him I thought and unlocked my phone and went on the message app.

John: hey 😊

Hi 😋

I sent and put my phone down, but it buzzed again. I smiled and unlocked my phone again.

John: whats up?

Having a sleep over with the girls wbu?

John: Sounds fun and thinking of you 😏

I immediately started blushing and began typing on my phone.

Oh you are haha I typed. No that sounds stupid. I quickly erased it and put something else.

Im thinking about you too I sent, but started to regret it, oh well.