Chapter 7

I made some changes and made this a little longer. Enjoy :)

"What supplies do you want me to bring?" I asked Katy through the phone as I was playing with my cars keys. I was headed over to go talk to my coach right now.

"Umm well I have everything but if you can get poster paper that would be great" Katy replied as I nodded. I couldn't wait to spend more time with her after school. I know all we are going to be doing is working on a project, but maybe the more time we spent together, we will get somewhere.

"Alright I'll be over in a bit I just have to talk to my coach about Saturday" I sighed. I was not looking forward to it.

"Ok good luck" Katy said sympathetically.

"Thanks I'll see you soon" I said as I reached my coaches office.

"Bye" she said and hung up. I put my phone in my back pocket and took one breath before I walked in.

"Coach?" I said and closed the door behind me. He was talking to Chad as I stood their impatiently. I just wanted to get this over with and go with Katy.

"You came just on time" Coach said as he gestured for me to take a seat. I sighed as I sat down and Chad sat right next to me.

"So what happened? You two were playing catch one day then you were fighting the next." Coach said confused.

"He hit me first" Chad mumbled and I rolled my eyes. He's so pathetic.

"I heard there was a party after the game, did you two go?" He asked.

"Yes" Chad said.

"What happened that night?" He asked and I looked at Chad giving him a dirty look, my jaw clenched.

"I'll tell you what happened" I said through gritted teeth, but  Chad looked at me with pleasing eyes not to tell any further then I stopped.

"Chad was drunk and did something stupid" I said. I wasn't going to say anything else. Even though Chad is an asshole, he was still my best friend.

"What did Chad do?"

"I can't say" I said. I heard Chad let out a sigh of relief.

"Ok then Chad you tell me what you did" Coach said now putting him on the spot.

Chad looked at me and I shrugged. This was on him, not me.

"I-i don't remember" he stuttered. He was such a horrible liar.

"Can you try?"

Chad looked at me and I sighed. Of course I had to save his ass, I always did.

"He was hitting on my ex" I lied. I was going to regret this.

"You can't let some girl come in the way of a friendship and teammate" Coach said sternly.

Only if you knew what really happened that night I thought.

"I'm sorry coach it won't happen again" Chad said and I nodded.

"It better not, you two are our best players. I wouldn't want to kick you off the team. Fix whatever is going on between you two. You can go home now" he said and pointed to the door.