Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Ok so let me get this straight, you saw a butterfly and didn’t like it then you noticed a boy who had your Oreos?” Kevin asked.

“Well, when you say it sounds so crazy but yes.”

“What about the broken window?”

“Oh yeah, forgot a very important part.” I replied with a dumbfounded expression. “Um, well, he came up stairs and slipped a piece of paper under my door.”

“Then why the hell were you outside of your room when he was upstairs? Didn’t I tell you to stay in your room until I called you?” Kevin's voice rising.

“I, ugh, just didn’t want to sit here helplessly waiting for someone to come save me. You know that I don’t scare easily and I managed to get the courage after I had text-ed you. So I got my club and swung the door open but there wasn’t anyone here anymore,” I replied defensively. I was hoping he had forgotten about the piece of paper because I knew if he read what was written he would go berserk.

“I know you can defend yourself Jen but I just didn’t want you to get hurt. But it’s ok now so let’s just hang out.”

With a nod of my head Kevin and I began our amazing Sunday by watching horror films and playing cards. With much success I managed to win and managed to convince Kevin do my homework. Laughing all day I forgot the event that occurred in the morning. For dinner Kevin and I ate flower shaped macaroni. Today has been wonderful, I thought to myself.

“Yeah,” sighed Kevin.

Staring wide eyed I asked, “What did you say?” I could’ve sworn I had thought that and not spoken it the simple comment.

What I said clicked into his head he replied, “I just sighed heavy." "Anyway the macaroni is good” His expression was confused but it didn’t fool me, he was lying.

I decided to play along, “Yeah it is do you want to taste some of mine? I added Parmesan cheese,” I smiled. 

His eyes filled up with excitement and he leaned forward with his mouth open. I slowly picked up my fork and filled it with macaroni. When he blinked I held the fork tightly with one hand while using the other to bend the top a little back. As he opened his eyes I let the back of the fork lose shooting yellow flowers at his face. Quickly rising from my seat I dashed to the living room and held a pillow in front of me for defense. Kevin came stomping in with a macaroni filled hand.

“No… no Kevin… I didn’t…. mean….. it I just…hahaa sorry hahahahah” I tried to apologize but I laughing uncontrollably.

I'm guessing the fact that I found this all so funny made his urge for revenge intensify. Kevin threw the hand full of macaroni up into the air so that even if I ran I would still be hit. A sudden impulse made me move diligently avoiding all the pieces threatening to fall on my hair. Standing on the couch I lunged myself at Kevin falling onto the ground as we both laughed.

“Whoa, how did I do that?!” I asked as Kevin helped me up.

“It was bad-ass. We should go finish dinner.”

“Sure,” I answered breathlessly.

Kevin left around 9 pm after helping me clean up the shattered glass in the living room. I made sure to lock all the doors in my house and cover up the broken window with cardboard and added a layer of duct tape, then headed up to my room.

My king sized bed stood in the middle of the furthest wall with black comforter and maroon bed sheets with matching pillow cases set perfectly on top. A dark blue paint covered my walls which were complemented by the maroon window curtains that were half opened. I stood in front of my vast mirror looking at the stranger in front of me. She resembled me but there was something wrong with her eyes. Her eyes seemed old and full of knowledge and anger burning behind them. Her pose looked like mine but somehow more assertive. Walking away from the mirror I headed to my walk in closet to pick out my pajamas. I skipped to the bathroom and took a long hot shower.

Most of the time when I needed some space I would just sit there for hours letting the water burn my skin and dissolve my problems away. When I was done brushing my teeth and drying my hair I walked to my room wrapped tightly by a pink towel and wearing my panda slippers. The pajamas were on my bed but I was too lazy to start changing so I headed for my balcony. Looking up at the crescent room I shivered as the cold fall breeze hit my face. Hm, I guess it’s not smart to come out from a hot room to a cold environment in such a quick time. Shivering I headed inside and locked my window door. After changing I slipped onto my bed I drifted to a not so calm sleep.

Once I again I was running, not because someone was pursuing me but because I was after someone. This dream wasn’t the usual one I loth, I could see in the black cave as if I was born nocturnal. I wasn’t breathless I was speeding my way inside the cave; running with all my force yet there wasn’t even the echo of my feet hitting the ground. Finally, I caught up to the guy I was chasing even though I was wearing a dress and heel boots.

He was the same guy that was in front of my house and slipped the note under my door. Steadying my pace I pulled out a silver gun from my boots that had an encryption graved into it. Without a second thought I shot it aiming next to the guy, startled he turned around. He held out his left arm out with his hand in a fist. When he opened his fist a monarch butterfly flew away.

“Remove your hoodie.” I shouted as I moved my gun and aimed it at his heart. Slowly he removed his hoodie to reveal a pale looking boy. His red hair was curly and his eyes were a green greyish color filled with excitement. Dazzled by his beauty I hadn’t noticed he was walking toward me. As I finally focused he started sprinting in my direction holding a silver knife ready to lunge it into me. I turned around and ran to the cave wall only to use it to do a back flip over him and land with a simple tap. He instantly squatted down and swung his leg out causing me to fall. He threw himself on me restraining my hands with just one of his. With his other hand he gripped my neck and leaned in close to my mouth. I threw him off me and moved already to the other side of the cave in a crouch ready to attack my opponent.

At that instant we both sprinted at each other, I jumped and collided with him knocking us both on the ground. I rose and held him to the ground with my foot at his chin. Under my boot there was a silver blade that was accessible by applying pressure to the sole of my boot. With the silver blade now at his throat I chuckled as he glared at me with hungry eyes. He raised his hands in defeat. He opened his mouth about to say something but all that manifested were thousands of butterflies knocking me off of him as he ran out of the cave.

Blinking my eyes my vision of the cave started to fade and a new image formed. I was facing a maroon curtain as a song kept on blasting in my ear. Slightly confused I realized I was in my room with my phone’s alarm clock under my pillow. As I turned it off I realize it was still 4 am and the alarm clock was titled ‘Wake up sleeping beauty from Kevin.’ I’m going to kill him, I hissed. When I turned around I saw my curtains flying violently with the wind coming from the opened balcony doors. Confused I stood up and closed the doors and headed for my bed.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: You have friends and i'm sure they can so you guys a solid and come to my story to vote :3

All I want is 5 Votes fro this chapter! Come on people! :D

Tell me what you think of it! 

Comment... <3