Chapter 7

“He won’t hurt you yet. But you need to kill him now before he does!” A stern voice said in front of me. Everything was pitch-black. I could feel the cold ground under my knees and a frigid breeze blast my hair back. “He might seem semi-nice but he is plotting to take his revenge. Don’t you dare let him live any longer! You’re here on a mission that must be carried on no matter what. The Task must be completed!” I reached for the person but grasped only a hand full of air.

“Wait, don’t go! What do you mean he wants revenge?” I yelled after hearing footsteps leaving.

My eyes shot open revealing I was in my room.

Panting I rose from my bed. The room began to spin and I fell on my face. “Stupid sheets and tangling on my feet. Yeah go ahead why don’tcha,” I muttered. Untangling myself I stood up and headed to the bathroom to take a hot shower and prepare for school.

The rest of the week went by fast and stressful with the same dream every night. The only good thing was that I managed to avoid Kevin and Raven. During my classes with them I got in as the tardy bell rang and left as soon as the next period bell rang. I hid in the band hall during lunch and during my zero-period I befriended a nice girl named Laura. And in case Kevin or Raven were waiting for me afterschool, I got out through the back of the school and took a different route to my house. That’s right I am one smart cookie, I didn’t even shed a single tear. I think I’ve gotten over the break down I had. Of course I didn’t have a thought out plan to avoid Ian but I'm guessing God finally gave me some mercy since he hadn’t shown up ever since the last time I saw him when he made me cut in front of everyone in the lunch line.

Today was finally Friday, as I turned right to head to the band hall I stopped on my heel. Before me stood Ian; he was leaning against the band hall door with his arms folded across his chest. He was wearing a white button down shirt with black jeans that had chains hanging from them. As I looked him over my eyes finally landed on his face. His poker face was on but his eyes showed pure hatred and disgust. I flinched back as a low growl escaped his lips. I’m not read to deal with him. I lifted my left foot to begin walking backwards but Ian quickly walked toward me.

So much for leaving peacefully. In a flash I turned around and haled ass toward the cafeteria.

“Stop,” Ian ordered.

Fear overwhelmed me causing my legs to stop running. Really legs? You’re just going to stop?! I had gotten pretty far when I ran and I hadn’t heard him chasing me yet there he stood behind me as I turned around. My head spun and tears began to roll down my check… So much for being a tough cookie, huh?

The building was freezing and all I was wearing was skinny jeans and a tank top. I wiped some tears that were sliding down my cheek and examined my hands. They were full of mascara. Dammit. I rubbed my cheeks and around my eyes until I didn’t feel them stiff with makeup.

Before I knew it I was already walking toward him. When I finally reached him he looked confused, probably just as much as I felt. My arms rose and my body threw itself to him. As I hugged him the tears began once again. I buried my head in his shoulder and sobbed even though he angled his body away from me. My nostrils were filled with the smell of cinnamon and I could feel his defined chest against mine. Not once did he hug me back... but not once did he try to shake me off.

Taking in his aroma one last time I unhooked my arms from his back and took five quick steps backwards. I looked down at my flats making my hair fall like a curtain between us. “S-Sorry.” I finally choked out.

“Don’t take this as anything; I’m going to pretend this situation never happened. We will resume the fight that’s to determine who will be the champion, so I suggest you keep a hold of your emotions and not let the enemy see you so broken. Well, I guess it’s a little too late for you to hide your emotions since I’ve witness them all.” He finished with a smirk.