Chapter 6

The following morning, Shadow opened his eyes slowly and with a yawn, he managed to inhale a great big heap of Sonic's mouth- watering scent.

But to his surprise, the younger male was still fast asleep, looking the most content than he'd ever been in his entire life as his ears twitched every now and then in his peaceful sleep.

Shadow smiled seeing Sonic so peaceful. It made him extremely pleased to know he'd made the male peaceful and happy, though he could smell other males outside his den pausing to quickly take in Sonic's scent they went on their way.

The Alpha gave a smug smirk at that--they had sense enough not to stay too long, after all...

And with a gentle lick to the cheek, the young uke was stirred awake. He slowly opened his beautiful emerald eyes and looked around dazedly and confused for a moment before finally noticing Shadow which only caused his eyes to widen in surprise.

"Shadow?" he asked, somewhat confused, his voice still laden with sleep.

"Good morning, beautiful~" Shadow murmured, still somewhat drowsy himself. His brilliant crimson eyes held so much love for the blue uke it was almost the only emotion in his eyes.

Sonic blinked before finally relaxing and smiling, "Yesterday wasn't a dream after all, was it?"

"No...unless we dreamed the same thing and you managed to sleepwalk all the way over here," he chuckled sleepily, trying to wake himself up.

"I'm just thankful this is all real," he chuckled as he nuzzled the ebony male's neck, still sleepy himself somewhat.

But a black male then entered the den and cleared his throat, ruining the moment. It was Mephiles, who rudely said, "Shadow, you have more important things to be doing than screwing around with a uke in heat. Let's go."

Shadow sighed, looking at Sonic apologetically before turning annoyed eyes on his sibling, "Brother, can you leave me alone for a while? And don't you ever speak to my mate like that again; I'm the Alpha of this pack, not you!"

Scoffing, unimpressed, he simply said, "He's not your mate. Not yet. And I could care less if you're the Alpha or not; as your brother, I'm telling you to get up and let's go."

"You can screw around later," he muttered before leaving.

Sonic's ears pinned to his skull as he looked away, obviously hurt by the Beta's words. Figures that he couldn't have one whole day where nothing went wrong in his life...

Shadow licked Sonic's cheek in apology. "Please don't be saddened by my brother's words...soon you'll be my mate and he can't be rude to you...sound good?" He murmured in a comforting manner.

"I guess..." he said, still feeling down about the matter.

"Oh, I know! You can spend the day with Silver. I'm sure he'd enjoy your company," Shadow said smiling.

Sonic blinked before sighing, "I don't know, Shadow... I've only met Silver once out of the entire time that I've been here. And besides...he views me the same way your brother does..."

"Oh, that's only because he doesn't know you. Did you know that he's the only other uke in my pack? I think he's just lonely..." Shadow said.

"But...he has Mephiles, why would he be lonely?" Sonic asked, raising a brow.

Shadow sighed heavily before answering, "Mephiles tries to be with Silver all the time, but... even he can't spend enough time with poor Silver. I think if you spent time with Silver he'd like you."

"You really think so?" he asked with a little hope in his voice.

"Of course! I think that you and Silver could be great friends," Shadow said, smiling happily.