Its All My Fault. { Chapter twenty three }

chapter twenty three.

” W-what are y-you doing?! ” I asked the man whom I used to happily call my stepfather standing over me.

” You’re the reason they’re in there! ” He said pinning my arms down.

” What the hell are you talking about?! ” I asked, wiggling trying to get away from him.

” You’re the reason my family is in the hospital. You’re the reason everything always goes wrong! ” He yelled in my face and tears sprung in my eyes. I heard footsteps coming towards the door and I just prayed it was Harry.

” Hailey are you o- oh my god. get off of her! ” He yelled, running over and pushing my stepdad off of me.

” Who the hell are you?! ” Harry asked pinning him to the wall.

” unfortunately, i’m her stepfather. “

” Hailey, love. are you okay? ” He asked turning his head towards me as ii got up.

” Um… y-yeah. “

” Can you go downstairs and… call my manager? ” He winked as he said manager implying for me to call the police.

” Yes. ” I said and walked downstairs.

ring, ring, ring ” Yes, this is the Los Angeles police department what is the problem? “

” Um, there’s a man in my house and he tried to hurt me and he’s been sending me death notes. ” I said not knowing how to say my situation.

” Okay.. Ma’am what is your address? ” She asked and I told her my address.

” Okay, we’re sending a police over right away. is anyone hurt? do you need an ambulance? “

” No. “

” Okay, They will be there shortly. “

” Thank you. ” I said and hung up the phone and walked back upstairs timidly.

” I-I thought I lost her and I don’t know what got into me. I’ve known Hailey since she was 4 I’ve practically raised her as my own and loved her like she was my own. I-I just don’t know why I did this to her. ” I heard my stepdad say to Harry.

” Well, sir, sometimes we do things we don’t really mean to… we don’t really think about why we’re doing it we just… do it. ” Harry said.

” I know she went to call the police. I don’t blame her I would’ve done the same. “

” We’ll work it out. “

” I was supposed to protect her and I was the one who harmed her….. ” My stepdad said and Harry was at a lost for words.

” You need to protect her, Harry. from people like me. from the world. she was my little princess and from day one I’ve protected her… until now. “

” Yes, sir, I wont let anything happen to her. Trust me. “

” Thank you. ” my stepdad thanked Harry and I heard their footsteps getting up and coming to the door I quickly ran downstairs and into the kitchen. I saw the police lights and I knew I couldn’t change what was about to happen. I should’ve heard him out. My mother needs him. This is my fault…

” i’m so, so, sorry, Hailey. ” I heard my stepdad say behind me and I turned around and just nodded.

” Harry, can I talk to you for a minute? ” I asked.

” Yes. ” he said and we walked into the living room.

” What am I supposed to do? He cant go to jail! “