Handcuffs and Alibis

Jack and Alex were lying there together, pain-free. Neither of them had to worry about anyone else now; they were in their own little world where nothing mattered anymore. Noone could tell either one of boys that what they were doing was illegal and frowned upon. Alex and Jack could do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted without having to face the world where they used to belong to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Barakat was a normal teenage kid from Baltimore attending Pinehurst College. Over the years, Jack had become more popular, especially with the girls, and people idolized him. Of course they did. He was the popular guy in the school, the guy that sent girls screaming down the corridor if he was to so much as speak to them. Jack, in a way, was glad that he had friends, whether they were genuine or they just wanted access to Jack’s connections. It was better than being a loner, walking down the school corridor with everyone throwing kicks and punches at him. Jack shuddered at the memory. He looked up from his feet when he saw his girlfriend approaching him with a big cheesy grin on her face.

“Hey baby,” she swung her arms around his neck and started to kiss a line up to Jack’s ear. “There’s a party tonight if you wanna come.”

Alexandra Gibson was the popular girl of this school so it wasn’t a surprise when everyone found out that they’d hooked up. Jack looked down at his girlfriend’s clothing and scoffed under his breath. She was rocking hot pants, a lacy transparent white top and checkered vans.

“Sure can do.” Jack replied, reluctantly agreeing. Lately his girlfriend was doing everything she could to swing herself two invites for each party on the calendar. Jack wasn’t too bothered about going; he was more concerned about what Alex did at those parties. Last weekend, Alexandra crashed a birthday party and managed to get herself completely hammered. So hammered that she ended up in a bedroom with a total stranger. Jack dreaded to think what could have happened if he hadn’t of searched for her.

“Alex?! What do you think you’re playing at?”

She pushed the guy to the floor and quickly pulled her tights back up her legs. “J-Jack, I’m so sorry.” She slurred.

“Tell you what? I give up on you.” Jack sighed and threw his arms down by his side.

“Jack, b-baby, c’mere, I’ll make it u-up to you.”

“No Alex, I’ve had enough.”

“Jaaaackkk, please? I’m s-sorry. I w-want to g-go home.”

Jack contemplated leaving her with the stranger but decided against it. She was his girlfriend after all. Jack carried her to his car trying hard to ignore the stale beer stench that was clinging on Alex’s skin, head-to-toe.

“Baby, are you okay?” Alex’s pencil-like eyebrows screwed up in her confusion.

“Uh, yeah I’m fine.” Jack quickly attempted to change the subject. “Do you wanna grab some lunch?”

“Nah, not eating today.”

Jack was used to this answer everyday. Alexandra was stick thin and starved herself just so she could convince herself that she wasn’t fat. Alex was practically skin and bones and Jack was fed up with her skipping lunch.

“Baby, you’ve gotta eat.” The words came flying out of his mouth and he wish he could have retracted them. Unfortunately, it was too late.

“What?”

Jack sighed. “You’re literally stick thin baby. You’re starting to show your bones.”

Alex stared into the distance and flicked her hair. After a few minutes of silence, Alex finally spoke up.

“Fine, but I’m only eating a Popsicle.”

Jack laced his fingers in Alex’s and headed to the cafeteria.

"At least it was a start." He thought.