Handcuffs and Alibis - Part 13

“Hiya boys.” The guy smirked.

“Um, hi?” Jack looked straight in the guy’s eyes and paused for a few seconds. “Can I help you with something?”

“Hm.” The guy looked up into his head to think and then grinned towards the lovers.

“What would some queers be doing out here… all alone with noone to defend them? Oh wait, that’s right. Noone in this town likes queers, do they Jack? Don’t you know what happens to gays like you?”

“I’m not gay!” Jack protested but he figured that the guy already had made his observation on what was what.

“Clearly not.” The guy pointed down to the pairs entwined hands, Alex’s shaking out of fear.

“What is your problem with gay people anyway?” Alex chirped up and Jack rolled his head into his eyes. Alex really shouldn’t have said that.

The guy edged closer and looked directly at Alex, his hand paused in mid-air. “I’ll tell you what’s wrong with gays…it’s sick,” he spat, “like it’s a disease and whoever falls for a guy, well, they deserve all the evil. They deserve to be tortured.”

“Really? You want to torture someone because of who they love? They don’t choose-”

“Getting a little cocky, aren’t we sunshine?”

“Fuck you.” Alex muttered. At this point, the guy glared at Alex and if looks could kill, boy Alex would have been dead a long time ago. The guy launched for Alex’s throat however was cut short when Jack kicked him in the groin.

“Run!” Jack hissed at Alex and Alex kept strong grip of Jack’s hand.

Jack and Alex ran up the hill as fast as they could and just as the guy was getting up, ready to chase after them, another figure came into view from the right of the guy.

“Hey, Aaron! You okay?” the figure yelled as it made it’s way over.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine but we’ve got a mission. I found two queers frolicking over there.” He pointed towards the grassy hill in the distance.

“Did you see where they went?”

“Up the hill and to the left.”

“Right, let’s go. You can tell me what they look like on the way.”

The figure offered out his hand to Aaron and pulled him up with ease. Aaron nodded towards the figure and they both started running in the direction of Jack and Alex.

--

“We’ve got to keep running Alex,” Jack’s voice was full of terror. He was scared for both of their sakes.

“But Jack, my chest…”

“I know, I know it hurts but once we’re home, things will be okay. We’ll be safe as long as they don’t find out where we are.”

“Jack, please...for…one second…” Alex’s hand weakened and fell from Jack’s grip. Alex fell to the floor and smashed his head against the pavement, knocking himself unconscious.

“Alex?! Fuck.” Jack quickly scooped Alex up and looked around. It was still clear and there was no sign of the guy yet. Jack had to keep going, there was no guarantee that they were safe until they got back to his.

--

“Are you sure they headed this way? They’re nowhere to be found.”

“It’s dark. Give it time, Zack.”