Prologue

As four legged shadows crawled and crept along the base of the massive stone tablet, two men growled at each other.

"Rain isn't what she thinks she is!" A tall, muscular man bellowed towards a robed man, who simply turned to face his comrades.

The first tawny man twitched with anticipation.

"She could get hurt and none of us will be there to help her!"  The robed man shook his head while he pinched the bridge of his nose. His eyebrows furrowed tightly.

"This is where you are wrong Blackfang! Rain will be fine. She doesn't know what she is and won't if she is removed from this ! She's just a plain little kitten in the wolves cave."

The robed mans eyes glowed a light gray as he turned to face his companion, trying to intimidate him. Ever sense Blackfang had to give up his youngest and weakest daughter to the king of were-cats, who then later gave her to the king of werewolves, he was always acting like he despised the idea. Even though deep down inside him, he was more than thrilled that he didn't have to care for the stupid runt.

"But King Claw, she was my daughter-" he was interrupted with a roar.

King Claw had shifted into his golden, royal like lion and growled with a searing hatred. The shadows surrounding the tablet had their eyes fixed on the powerful lion. King Claw bellowed while sending his companion a knowing glare. Blackfang lowered his gaze and flicked his tail, understanding the glare being sent his way. Rain was the only one out of her four siblings to live, but being the youngest and weakest out of them, everyone thought she would pass as well. As well as being a survivor, the young child seemed to bare markings that were unknown to many of her kind. To keep her safe, she was given to King Claw. The king knew he had to remove the little one from his pack to keep them safe, but as he was unable to have his own, he could not rid her from the world. Hoping to prevent any catastrophes in the future, King Claw had decided to trade her away to the Werewolf pack neighboring their borders. He knew that if she wasn't around anyone similar to herself, Rain would not be about to gain the knowledge of who, or what, she truly is.