Chapter 3

Once Rain had cleaned the wolf up, she noticed he had passed out. Probably from blood loss.  She gently shook him to wake him, even though she had a bad gut feeling. Once he opened his eyes and looked up at her, he new why she woke him. He tried getting up but couldn't. His paw still caused him pain and he couldn't walk. Rain guided him over to a small cave, a good distance from the others make shift camp site. She quickly shoved him in and stood up. Making sure the others hadn't waken up. After Rain crawled in the small cave, she helped him lay down but something told her to stay with him. He is still in a lot of pain. I wonder if he will let me lay near him to help him. Rain thought while looking over his scared body. He looked over at her and nodded as if he read her mind. She crawled over next to him and laid against him. She reached up and scratched in between his ears. He leaned in closer to her and rubbed his face into her chest.

"Are you like my friends over by the log?" She asked in a hushed voice. The wolf nodded. "Can you shift back?" The wolf shook his head and his eyes flashed in fear.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you." She said while giving him another good scratching. Rain wanted to show him he could trust her. The wolf kept his eyes on her while she crawled over to the cave entrance. She glanced at her still sleeping friends before turning back to the black wolf and saying.

"It's okay no one will see and I won't tell anyone I saw you if you want me too." Rain said while she sat down next to him. He only nodded. Rain gave him a smiled watched him shift.

"Thanks kitten." He said. The wolf had turned into a black haired young man. He was well built besides the old and new scratches that lingered his body. His wounded paw was  still bandaged and his red eyes showed that he really meant it. Rain smiled and reached out to touch his arm, but he pulled away.

"I said I wouldn't hurt you and I have to re-bandage it. The bandaging needs to be tighter while your human so it wont get infected. " Rain frowned as she once again reached for his wounded hand. 

"But its fine now." He said. Rain gave him a reassuring smile and said. "You sound like a kid." The black haired man just sat there as Rain tightened his bandages.

"I never got your name." He said as he watched Rain finish then look over his other open wounds.

"I'm Rain, and you are?" She asked while carefully wrapping up a wound she found on his back. "I'm Colen but you can call me Cole kitten." Colen said grunting while Rain pulled his new bandages tighter.

 Rain nodded while she finished. She then sat back down in front of him. "What happened?" Rain asked and she traced his scars with her eyes. 

"I fought rouge off my territory, he quickly ran but i followed him into your territory and that's when I ran into you kitten." Colen said as he meet her gaze. 

"You can lay next to me, I won't bite." Colen said as Rain yawned. She nodded and laid down again. Colen wrapped his arms around Rains waist. "Good night kitten." Colen said as he kissed her four head. 

I owe my life to you Rain, I won't ever hurt you in any way. Colen said as he joined Rain in dream state.