Chapter 9

As Colen stared at the two wolves, one nodded and the other was just confused. Rain just sat in between Justin's paws. More wolves from Colens pack had huddled around the small group. More and more seemed to pile in from everywhere. Colen reached into his bag and grabbed a book. The cover reveled how old the book was with it's cracked edges and many scars cris crossing. The only thing on the cover was a tiger with his head bowed to show his strips. The strange book looked familiar to Rain but she couldn't put her paw on it. The memory was just there, hiding in the back of her mind. Justin and Luke where confused on the meaning of the book. Both knowing nothing of werecat tribes. The two wolves shift back while Colen picked up Rain. The young alpha lead the two men into the pack house while everyone else stayed out side.

"When did she shift! Where you there? Did you know?" Justin's rambles before Luke punches his arm.

A tiny growl escapes the white kitten in Colens arms as Rains grows more annoyed. The tiny body she has to control is causing her more pain by the minute. It started in her paws and grew. All three men watch in amazement as the tiny white kitten slowly transforms into a white tiger kit. Luke shifts and gently crawls over to the now tiger. Bright blue eyes stare back into his deep forest green ones. Colens black wolf stands Luke's shoulder and Justin's wolf stands behind Rain. The two outsiders turn to look at the young alpha, puzzled. Colen just shakes and bows his head. No one knowing what Rain really is.

———timeskip to sundown/dusk———
Colens POV

Rain still hasn't changed back but Justin and Luke had to leave. Rain had stood by the door growling until I picked her up and locked her upstairs. Luke and I agreed to both look into this situation. I had never seen a werecat shift into two forms. My mother had a werecat friend a few years back but she only had one cat form. Her cheetah form was the only one I had heard about.

Once Luke and Justin left and Rain was curled up on the couch, I ran into the pack house. Making my way to the library I try to think of any other werecat I had ether heard of or seen at least a glimpse of. My grandparents told me stories of the werecats disappearance but they said a loner pack had helped with their return. All the books in the werecat section where kept in the alpha only place. I knew my mother would know something on their forms. She told me when I was younger that the werecats are different and their 'alpha' was special. I had always thought their alpha had a different name but she never spoke more in depth. I only hope Luke and his pack can figure something out before ether pack gets antsy about a werecat mixed in the two.