Phase 19: Hostage

"Sit up straight and keep your head up!" The woman in a white sleeves dress yelled upper cutting him with a wooden paddle on his chin making his head shoot back.

She was covered in riches, her nails were long and painted red she wore diamond rings on every finger and diamond ear rings that hanged to her bottom jaw line. Her dresses were always silky and long in length.

The teenage boy dared not scream from the agonizing pain, he only whimpered taking in the pain. "Yes mother." He postured himself straight and held his head up high.

"You will be a business man. You need to be properly trained." She said circling around him as her heels clattered heavily echoing through the mansion's hallway.

"But mother, I don't want to become a business man I want to be an e-engineer." The boy shut his eyes tightly.

"Engineer, engineer. Enough!" She shouted pointing at the floor. "Kneel." She demanded as he did what he was told. He kneeled on the floor that had raw rice on it that made his knees bleed.

"Clint, you will become a business man like your father!" She pushed down on his back with her heel making him whimper falling to his hands. "Your father and I adopted you to become successful in business, not Engenirring!"

"Yes mother." Clint replied wincing from the pain.

"You know I love you, right?" The woman said with a sweet tone removing her heel off his back and walked in front of him.

"Yes I do." Clint's  eyes began to shed tears, he lowered his head hoping his mother wouldn't notice.

"Lift up your head, child!" She roared slapping the paddle on the palm of her hand.

Clint quickly wiped away his tears and looked up at her.

"What did I tell you about crying?" She questioned gritting her teeth in displeasure.

"I'm sorry mother, I didn't mean t-to." He started to sniffle trying to hold back his tears as much as he can.

"Boys don't cry!" She yelled smacking his face with the wooden paddle to his cheek leaving a bruise.

"Please, it hurts moth-" Clint was cut off by a kick on his stomach making him cough.

"I'll give you something to cry about!" She scowled at him beating him to a pulp with the paddle that had become bloody from various hits.

He fell to the floor leaving blood stains on the white marbled floor. "You will become a business man, the best there is." She moves her blonde strand of hair away from her face to the back of her ear.

"Yes mother..." Clint whispers while blood flows down his mouth to the floor.

________________________

Clint busts down the cabin door with a shot gun at hand. Mandy stood behind him placing both of her hands together in prayer.

He walks inside the cabin looking around to find nobody. They search the whole house including the drawers, they were empty. "Damn it!" He shouts shooting a picture of Blake and his daughter in the room. "I'm done playing nice." His voice becomes lower darting his eyes at Mandy.

"Get in the car! We're going to pay a visit to the orphanage." Clint storms out of the cabin to his jeep as Mandy quickly gets in.

__________________________

"So about the ring, did you just get divorced?" The man in the suit, no more than 6'6 of height asked sipping on his black cup of coffee.

"I did." I say looking around the fancy restaurant where all the men wore tuxedos and the women wore expensive dresses. I was feeling quite under dressed with a pair of raggedy clothing.