Chapter 10

Elijah's POV 

Why didn't Reagan text me back? She knows that I didn't kiss Kandy so she can't be mad at me. Oh well. When Riley, Autumn, and I get home, we find my mom on the couch crying. Not again.

"Riley, Autumn, go upstairs," I tell them. They do as they're told. Mom usually only talks to me. I'm certain she's crying because of Dad. I sit down on the couch next to her and I put my arm around her.

"Hey Elijah," she says.

"Hey mom. Why are you crying?"

"I'm just thinking about your dad." I knew it.

"Why?"

"Well, I just..."

"Don't waste your time thinking about that dick head. He isn't worth your time."

"I know. I'm just wondering why he did it."

"That's what dick heads do. Dick heads cheat on their wives with their wife's best friend," I tell her.

"I can't help but feel that I did something wrong and..."

"No. Helen Williams. You did not do anything wrong. James, I wont even call him dad anymore, James is a stupid man. You are a perfect woman and he was too stupid to realize how amazing you are. You are not the one who did something wrong."

"Thank you, Elijah. How did you become so nice?"

"I get it from my mom," I say. Why am I comforting so many girls lately? Well, I've been there for my mom for about two years now. But Autumn and Kandy too? Why do girls come to me with their problems?

All of a sudden my phone rings.

"Hello?"

Autumn's POV

I sit on the stairs and I listen to Elijah and Ms. Williams. Listening to Elijah talk to his mom makes me love him even more. He is just the kindest boy I have ever known. He knows what to say to make a person feel better. He is so genuine.

All of a sudden, his phone rings.

"Hello?" He asks "Yes...what do you want Demetri?...yes...what?....wait, what happened?...oh my God!...is she okay?... I'm on my way....bye." What was that about? "Autumn!"

"What?" I shout as I run down the stairs, almost tripping.

"Do you want to come with me?" Elijah asks.

"Where?"

"The hospital. I'll explain on the way."

"Okay." I grab a jacket and we start walking out the door.

"Bye mom," Elijah says.

"Bye Ms. Williams," I say.

"Autumn, you can call me Helen."

"Okay Ms. Will....Helen."

"Bye, kids," Helen says. Elijah and I get in his car and start driving.

 "So, why are we going to the hospital?" I ask Elijah.

"Demetri called me and told me that Reagan was in a car crash," he says.

"Oh my God!"

"That's why she didn't text me ba...oh my God. I did this. I was the one she was texting when she..." he mumbles.

Eventually, we get to the hospital. In the waiting room, we see Demetri. He looks a bit stressed.

Reagan's POV