Chapter 11

Elijah's POV

"Why can't he just call me Autumn. I don't see how it's so hard to remember," Autumn asks me as we sit in the waiting room.

"I don't know," I say. Demetri has been in Reagan's hospital room for about half an hour. When is it my turn? It's not fair. I should have been the first person that Reagan wanted to talk to you. I'm her best friend. But, I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Demetri finally walks in. I can finally talk to her.

"I'm going home. Bye Elijah. Bye Ashley," Demetri says.

"I'm Autumn."

"Whatever. See you guys at school." I don't like him so I'm glad he left.

"Do you mind waiting here while I talk to her?" I ask Autumn.

"I don't mind," she says. I walk into Reagan's room.

"E!" she squeals.

"Hey Reagan. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay."

"I feel so guilty."

"Why?"

" I was the person you were texting when you got in the crash," I say.

"It's not your fault. Don't feel guilty," she says. She seems happy about something.

"What are you happy about?" I ask.

"Oh nothing. Just um....Dem kissed me," she says. I shouldn't have asked. "Omg it just made my entire day great."

"You were in a car crash."

"Like I said, it made my entire day great," she says. That must've been some kiss. We talked for about thirty minutes. then her dad came in and told me to go so that Reagan could rest.

I walked out to the waiting room, got Autumn, and left. I can't believe Demetri and her kissed. Ew.

Autumn's POV

Elijah and I drive home. I hope Reagan gets better soon. As we drive, I notice that Elijah seems pretty upset. I don't think I should ask him about it.

When we get home, we find Helen on the phone.

"Okay...okay great....alright...see you then....bye," she says as she gets off the phone. She looks extremely happy. Riley walks into the room.

 "Hey mom. You look absolutely gorgeous today," Riley says, "I mean, not that you don't look gorgeous everyday. That outfit just completely compliments you entirely. You look fit. Have you been working out? Your hair looks amazing. You are just glowing."

"What do you want from me?" Helen asks.

"So I can't compliment you for no reason?" Riley asks.

"No."

"Okay, I just need a bit of money to go to a movie on Friday."

"What happened to your money?" Helen asks her.

"It is disappearing out of thin air. I blame Elijah."

"Of course you would," Elijah says.

"Shut up. Can I have money?" Riley asks again.

"Fine. I have plans on Friday too."

"What are you doing?" Elijah asks.

"I actually have a date." She starts smiling again.

"That's great," I say.

"Does he know that you have a son and an adopted daughter who are sixteen and a perverted daughter that's fifteen? That's a bit of baggage," Elijah asks.

"I'm not perverted," Riley objects.

"Yes you are. And yes, he does know. He has a daughter that's sixteen," Helen says. "And you guys aren't baggage. You guys are the best things in my life."

"So we're 'things' now?" Riley asks with air quotes.

"Yes. I'm going to bed." Helen walks upstairs.

"I guess it's just you and me on Friday night," Elijah says.

"Sounds sexual. Use protection," Riley says.

"Riley!" Elijah chases her up the stairs. I hear a scream and a loud thud.

"Mom! He's gonna kill me!" Riley screams.

"Get her, E!" Helen shouts.

"Stop!" Riley screams.

"Don't be a pansy," Elijah says. I love my family.

Reagan's POV

"Hey, can I sign your cast?" That' the question I was asked the most when I got back to school on Friday. I really liked the attention. A ton of people signed my cast. I had people use different color pens to make it look colorful. By the end of the day, the cast was almost full of signatures. I was able to read some.

"I hope you feel better soon, my angel. You look pretty sexy in a cast, baby." - Dem ♥

"No comment" - Brystal

"So sorry that you got hurt. I really hope you get better soon." - Elijah ♥

"Nice one, dumb ass." - Kandy :/

"Get well soon!" - Autumn :)

"Smooth move." - Riley ♥

Other than Kandy's, they were all pretty nice. Riley was just kidding. I don't even know why I let Kandy sign it. I knew she would be mean.

I try to find Dem and I see him at his locker, talking to Kandy. I don't want her talking to my man. This just won't do.

Demetri's POV

I'm getting worried about Kandy. She hasn't been talking to me. The last time we talked was after she kissed Elijah. Who is she talking to? She doesn't have very many friends. I don't want to sound mean but it's the truth. I see her at her locker. I need to find out what's wrong.

"Hey Kandy," I say.

"Hey Dem." Okay, she called me Dem. That means she's not pissed at me. Okay, good.

"What's up? You haven't talked to me a lot."

"I've been hanging out with Brystal."

"Who?"

"Brystal. I made a friend."

"Oh okay. I thought you were mad at me."

"Why would I be mad at you?" she asks.

"Oh...I don't know." I really don't know.

"I have to go. I'll talk to you later," she says.

"Okay, bye."

Kandy's POV

I walk away from Demetri and I meet Brystal at her locker.

"So?" she asks.

"It really bothered him that I wasn't talking to him."

"I told you it would work. If you confess your feelings to him, he could be yours. Reagan and Demetri aren't very serious," Brystal says.

"I don't think I could do that. I'm scared," I say.

"I thought you were a fearless beyotch. He's at his locker right now."

"But, I don't..."

"Go." My palms start sweating as I walk towards Demetri. I'm not going to be able to do this.

"Dem?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"Well, I have always said that I don't want...."

"Dem!" Reagan interrupts me. I really can't do this. I walk away from Dem. Damn.