Chapter 18

Elijah's POV

What? Why would Reagan still love him? Is she stupid? He cheated on her. I just don't understand. What is it going to take for her to want me? I have always been there for her. We have been best friends for years. I have had to watch her go from boyfriend to boyfriend. It's obvious that she doesn't want me and never will. I should just forget about her. But, I can't.

Maybe if I talk to her I could talk some sense into her. I have to try to make her see that Dem is horrible for her. Or I can finally get over her if I talk to her.

At lunch, I see her talking to Dem. Then, she gets up and walks away from him. This might be my only chance to talk to her. So, I walk up to her at her locker.

"Reagan, I need to talk to you."

"Okay."

"Demetri cheated on you. You should not love him. He doesn't deserve a second chance. Also, I know that you probably already know this but I love you and I have for a long time." Reagan doesn't say anything. She just stares at me with a hint of... pity in her eyes. I just want her to say something. "If you don't say something, I might have a heart attack."

"Elijah, I'm sorry. I just don't feel the same way about you. You are my best friend . I love you but not in the way you love me. I love Demetri. Sorry," she says. She walks away.

I should feel shattered. I should feel heart broken. I should feel angry. But, I don't. If anything, I feel relieved. I think I finally got over her. How could I love someone who doesn't love me back? Why should I waste my time on someone who is so oblivious? I just don't love her anymore.

Autumn. She probably doesn't love me back because I kissed her then ignored her for a few months. Well, I didn't completely ignore her. But, still, she probably doesn't like me.

I need to talk to her. I see her at her locker right now. I think I should talk to her now. If she rejects me, it'll be a pretty depressing day.

Autumn's POV

Should I go live with my mom? I would go live with her if Elijah and I were together. It would be inappropriate to live with him if he were my boyfriend. But, right now, I don't think our relationship is going anywhere. He kissed me, then ignored me. It's hard because I still love him.

"Guess who!" Elijah says from behind me as he puts his hands over my eyes.

"Hey Elijah. I need to talk to you about something," I say.

"I need to talk to you about something. But, you can go first," he says.

"Um okay. Well, when I was at my mom's house, she wanted to know if I wanted to go live with her. So, I wanted to see how you felt about that." 

 "Well, I think you should do whatever you want to do."

"Alright. So what did you need to talk to me about?"

"Oh yeah. So first, I want to apologize."

"For?"

"Well, kissing you then basically ignoring you for awhile."

"It's okay."

"It's not okay. It was a stupid thing for me to do." Elijah takes my hands in his.

"Why did you ignore me?"

"I was just confused. I still had feelings for Reagan. I thought I loved Reagan. But I don't love Reagan. I love you." What? Did he just say that he loves me? Holy cow. I look into his eyes. He puts his hand on my cheek. My heart starts racing. He pulls me close and he kisses me. Elijah has kissed me before but not like this. Elijah Williams loves me.

When he pulls away, I have no idea what to say so I just say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"I love you," I say. Elijah smiles at me and wraps his arms around me, holding me tight. I love him. And he loves me.

Reagan's POV

I really don't like that Dem would just go talk to Kandy after what he did to me. I just don't want him talking to Kandy at all.

"What's up?" Demetri asks me once we get to my locker.

"Well, we are back together and I love you but you're not completely off the hook for cheating on me. I'm still hurt and I want you to do this one thing for me," I tell him.

"Okay. What is it?" he says.

"So, I don't want you to talk to Kandy anymore." Dem looks a bit disappointed and doesn't say anything for awhile.

"Okay. I wont talk to Kandy anymore. I'm just happy that we're back together. Can I just talk to Kandy just right now? She needed to tell me something important." Should I let him? Well, I don't want to seem too controlling.

"Alright," I say.

"Thanks baby." He gives me a kiss on the cheek and walks away. I wonder what they're talking about.

Demetri's POV

Not talking to Kandy is going to be hard. She's my best friend. I still love her. But, I'll do anything to get Reagan back. I find Kandy at her locker. I don't want this to be the last time I talk to her.

"So there was something you wanted to talk to me about?" I ask her.

"Yes. So, how are things with Reagan?" Is that really what she wanted to talk about? No. It can't be. She's probably... I don't even know.

"Um good. She did tell me to not talk to you anymore. So..."

"So, you're just going to let her boss you around? She can't tell you what to do. Be a man and tell her, no."

"Kandy, I will do whatever it takes to make her forgive me." Her eyes seem a little watery. She never cries. What the hell is going on?

"Well, we are actually going to have to talk a lot more than you think. Um, well I'm..."

"Demetri," Reagan interrupts Kandy. Well she just popped out of nowhere. "I wanted to ask you..."

"Fuck off, Reagan!" Kandy shouts at her. Reagan walks away with tears in her eyes.

Kandy's POV

"What the hell was that for?" Dem asks me.

"PMS." That's the only thing that comes to my mind. Wow. I feel good about yelling at her. She really deserved that one.

"Ew. Anyway, what is so important?" He asks.

"Well, something happened and it's your fault.... and my fault. But um..."

"What are you talking about?" He looks very confused. 

"I don't know how to say this." Dem is starting to look scared.

"Just say it. What is it?" He asks. This is so hard. I start crying and Dem looks like he is about to pass out. "What is going on?"

"I....I'm..." I can't speak, I'm just crying so much.

"No. You can't be," He says. He looks like his whole world is crashing down. Seeing him like this is making me cry even more. He obviously figured it out. "It's mine?"

"Yes," I sob. Dem puts his arms around me and he rubs my back. I cry into his shirt. People are looking at us but I don't care.

"It's going to be okay. We can get through this," he says over and over again. I look up at him and I see tears streaming down his face. I've never seen him cry before.

 "I'm really scared," I tell him.

"I am too."