Chapter 12

Elijah's POV

Friday night came. Mom went off to her date and Riley went to her movie. It's just me and Autumn at the house now.

Autumn started watching TV and I went to my room and started texting Reagan.

Me: hey

R: hey E

Me: what's up?

R: im getting ready for my date tonight

Me: ew

R: lol you make me laugh

Me: I don't like him.

R: i know. im not forcing you to be bffs

Me: eh

R: so ho are things with you and Kandy?

R: *how

Me: Not even funny.

R: lol

R: how about autumn? u talk to her alot

Me: We live together. She's like my sister.

R: sure ;)

Me: No. Just no.

R: lol. what should i wear?

Here we go again. Why would I want to help her with something like that.

Me: I don't care.

R: please help.

R: hello?

Me: Wear the purple dress that you wore to that party a few weeks ago. You looked pretty in that.

R: awwww you're so sweet! okay i'll wear it. thanx. i gotta go ttyl

Me: bye

I walk downstairs and I find Autumn on the couch. I can't tell what she's watching because it's on a commercial.

"Hey Autumn," I say as I take a seat next to her.

"Hey E," she says.

"What are you watching?" I ask.

"It's a Disney princess movie marathon."

"Ugh." She gasps at my reaction.

"Hey, Disney is magical."

"What movie is on now?"

"Snow White."

"Ugh."

"Calm down. It's over in fifteen minutes then Cinderella is on. Snow White isn't one of my favorites."

"Why not?"

"She doesn't do anything. She just goes into hiding, sings, cleans, dies, and gets saved by a prince. Not much going on there. Aurora too. She goes into hiding, sings, dies, and gets saved by a prince. I personally like Mulan, Tiana, and Merida." I don't think she knows that I don't understand what she's saying. "Mulan risked her life to save her father. She fought. Tiana worked hard for what she wanted. I like Merida the most. She's the only princess that didn't get married in the end. Merida doesn't need a man in her life. She does whatever she wants and doesn't want to be a princess. Those three princesses are empowering to women and they don't tell us to clean and wait for our prince and sing about it. Those three don't need a prince to save them. They can save themselves." Wow, I'm so lost. I shouldn't have asked her why she didn't like Snow White.