Chapter 20

Elijah's POV

I think Autumn just broke my heart. I feel so bad. I really hate myself right now. Autumn was right. I did keep her on the side. Reagan really doesn't want me. Reagan has been cheated on and she still doesn't want me. I guarantee that Demetri and Reagan will break up soon. Even then I'm pretty sure Reagan won't want me. Do I even love Reagan anymore? She has done nothing but turn me down and ignore me. She just doesn't want me. At all. I think it's time for me to get over her.

Autumn has always been there. I have been so mean to her. I kissed her then ignored her. I told her I loved her then I took it back. I am a horrible person. A really horrible person.

I'm an even worse person because, I love Autumn now. I just broke her heart and told her that I didn't love her. She told me to not talk to her and now I love her. I am an awful person.

Autumn definitely won't want me back after what I just did. But what do I do? Should I ask Riley for advice again?

"Hey Riley, I need to ask you a question," I say to her once I get home.

"Oh my God. If I hear either Reagan or Autumn's name again, I might go crazy. I already told you that you need to get your shit together," she says. This isn't going to be good.

"Well, I guess you're going crazy then. So I told Autumn and she told me to not speak to her."

"Good for her. I'm proud of her."

"So my question is, what would you do if I told you that I'm over Reagan an I love Autumn now?" I ask. Riley is giving me the death stare right now.

"I would slap you...in the face....with a brick....after pushing you down the stairs....and lighting all your personal belongings on fire." Wow I am really scared right now.

"How did you become so violent?"

"I read a lot of fanfiction."

"Fanfiction about what?"

"We are getting off topic. How dare you love Autumn after what you just did to her? How dare you?" She asks me. She's just making me feel worse about myself.

"I don't know. Autumn said a few things that made me get over Reagan and love Autumn."

"I forbid you to talk to Autumn or even look at her. I forbid it. You should feel ashamed of yourself. I tell you to get your shit together and you make it worse. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you have done."

"Thanks for making me feel worse."

"You deserve to feel like that. Now go away." Wow. That did not go very well. It's even worse that Autumn and I are partners for a science project.

Autumn's POV

I'm still heart broken. I really don't want to be around Elijah anymore. He is very confused right now. How am I supposed to work on a science project with him?

During class when we were supposed to be working on the project, I decided to talk to the teacher.

"Ms. Johnson, I need to ask you something," I say.

"What is it, Autumn?"

"Can I switch partners with someone?"

"Why can't you work with Elijah?"

"He kind of broke my heart."

"All you high school kids are so dramatic. Fine. Uh...Reagan!"

"What?" Reagan asks. I forgot Reagan was in this class.