Chapter 21

Elijah's POV

It sucks that Reagan is my partner for the project. I just got over her and it's really awkward between us. And it really sucks that Autumn is partners with Greyson. All the girls in school, and some guys, are in love with him. He's a nice guy and I'm sure he didn't mean to steal the hearts of every girl but I still don't like him. I saw him flirting with Reagan and then he was flirting with Autumn. But, it's not like Autumn is my girlfriend. I screwed up on that one.

Life has been depressing without Autumn in my life. It has only been a few days but its still lonely. Weekends are supposed to be fun. This weekend sucks. Riley isn't talking to me because she is still mad at me. Mom is out with Ronald, which I still don't approve of. I wish Autumn was here. Conversations were so effortless with her. Hanging out with her was fun.

Autumn is the sweetest, smartest, and prettiest girl that I have ever met. It's amazing how she can be so kind despite all the things that she has been through.

I have no idea how I am supposed to get her back. I love her. She probably doesn't want me back.

All of a sudden, I hear a knock at the door. I'm not in the mood to talk to people or look at people today. I want to be left alone. Riley is at some sort of nerd thing and mom is on a date. I didn't bother getting dressed so I'm still in my pajamas. Whoever is at the door better not be important.

I open the door and I see Demetri. He's the last person I would want to talk to today.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask.

"Usually people say hello when they answer the door," he says.

"I am just... not in the mood for your shit. What do you want?"

"I need your help."

"With?"

"Um... Can I come in?"

"No."

"Okay fine. So you have to promise to not tell anyone about what I'm going to tell you," he looks really stressed out. He has looked that way for awhile.

"Sure whatever."

"Okay. Kandy is pregnant." Holy shit. Wow. I did not expect that one.

"And you're the father?" I ask.

"Yeah." Well, that explains why he is stressed out.

"What about Reagan?" If I still loved her, I would be beyond pissed at Demetri. I'm still a little mad at him because Reagan still my friend.

"That's what I wanted to ask you about. I love Kandy. I've never loved Reagan the same way that I have loved Kandy. Reagan knows that I cheated on her but she doesn't know about the baby. You know her better than anyone. How do I tell her?"

"Well, it's obvious that you two are going to break up and she is going to hate you. The best thing to do is be honest and end it."

"I am going to break up with her but I'm afraid about telling her about Kandy. I am worried that she's going to tell the whole school and everyone's gonna give Kandy shit about it. I thought it would be okay to tell you."

"I won't tell. But everyone is going to find out eventually and..."

"I know I know. I just want to protect Kandy as long as possible."

"I don't know what to say. Do what you think is right. Reagan will be more crushed if you break up with her without giving her a reason. If you tell her about Kandy, she'll most likely break up with you and move on after throwing a few things and crying a little bit. Figure out which one is better and go with that."