Epilogue

Demetri's POV

10 years later

"Maverick?" I ask, expecting an answer. I get no response. Great. I lost my son in the grocery store. I take Sage's hand and I start walking around the store, looking for Maverick. That boy is always getting into trouble, just like I did when I was his age.

"Daddy? Can we get cookies, please?" Sage asks me. She looks just like her mom.

"Sure. But let's find your brother first," I say. I barely ever say no to her. It's good that she doesn't ask for much. We turn a corner and I see Maverick looking at some candy.

"Maverick, there you are," I say. He rushes over to me. "Don't wander off ever again."

"Sorry Dad," he says. I look down the aisle and I see a man who looks oddly familiar. He looks at me.

"Demetri?" He asks. Well, he knows me. Wait...is that...

"Elijah?"

"Yeah. Wow. I haven't seen you since high school," he says as he walks towards me. He has a grocery cart with him and a baby boy and a baby girl are in it. They look about the same age.

"Yeah. Its nice to see you again," I say. A woman walks up behind him. Reagan. She looks the same as she did in high school.

"Elijah, we should get going," she says. That's when I notice a ring on her left hand. Elijah has one too. Woah. I didn't expect that. Reagan takes the cart with the kids and leaves.

"Wait, you and Reagan?" I ask.

"Oh no no no. We're making dinner for our parents anniversary. My mom married her dad. Do you remember Autumn?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"She's my wife."

"I thought she hated you during high school." My mind goes back to the day that Reagan kissed Elijah.

"When I first told her my feelings for her, she said that she needed time, not "I hate you" but then she saw Reagan kiss me and she got mad at me. Then I explained that I didn't want Reagan to kiss me and after a few months, she forgave me and we got back together. Then we got married and had the two kids that you saw in the cart.

"Wow congratulations. Are they twins?"

"Yeah. It's a handful."

"What are their names?"

"The boy is Brooks and the girl is Erin. They just turned one. So what about you, are you still with Kandy?"

"Yeah. We got married once we both turned 18." Maverick and Sage have started looking at the candy so they're not paying attention. "You met Maverick when he was first born. Back when we were in high school. He's almost ten now. And the little one is Sage. She's four. And we have a girl on the way. Her name will be Charlotte."

"Wow."

"So, what's new with Reagan? I saw a ring on her finger."

"Do you remember Greyson? He was the Australian one."

"Yeah, I remember."

"Well she was with him for awhile. But he wanted to move back to Australia and she didn't so they split up. Then after he moved, Reagan found out that she was pregnant but she never told Greyson. So she has a son, named Ashton. Then she met some guy from work, Cory, and they got married."

"Wow. She has had an interesting life." Reagan shows up again.

"Elijah, we have to go," she says.

"Sorry, I was talking to Demetri," he says.

"Oh hi!" She says to me.

"Hey Reagan," I say.

"I wish I could stay and talk but we have to get going. Bye Demetri," she says. She walks away again.

"You and Kandy should come have dinner with me and Autumn sometime," Elijah says.

"Yeah. It was nice seeing you," I say.

"Nice seeing you too. Bye."

"Bye."

The End