Chapter 7: First day and Surprises

Jennifer's POV

"Omg, is this for real" I shouted my voice filled with both shock and joy. I was shocked to see none other than my other half, my best friend, Lily. "Oh god this is not fair" She whined unhappily. What is wrong with her? I thought. She is beautiful, smart, kind and fun to be around and has got hazel colored eyes, and has been best friends since 10 years. We met on the 1st day of kindergarten, we where the only two girls in the class, which was some what strange, so to kill boredom we started talking. We do really have many things in common like we both are of same height and have same hair color that is brown, we have mutual love for Ian Somerhalder and Vampire Diaries. 

"What?" I asked her. She looked down and then corrected her posture. "I actually wanted to surprise you today but instead got late to school, I even asked Christine to leave you alone so I could meet you" She told me her voice with guilt. Oh now Christine is safe, no more grudge I have against her. But then there is one more thing about Lily, her plans doesn't go the way it has to. "Oh don't you worry, seeing you like this is also one of the biggest surprise for me" I said grinning wide. But then one question was revolving around my mind that, what is she doing here? When she had to be in LA and was going to join High School there. But then before I could ask her this question, I heard a thick voice called out to us, "You girls, what are you still doing here don't you have a class to attend?" Oh I know her, she is my new principal, Mrs Monroe. "Oh Ma'am we are new and are not able to find our classes" Lily spoke up. "Hey, aren't you Jennifer Smith, you resemble your sister, Ashley a lot. I hope you are not a troublemaker like her" She remarked. I would just say that I have already started disliking this lady. How can she insult my sister in front of me. I faked a smile and said,"Oh yes, I'm Jennifer Smith, Ashley's younger sister. I would just say that, I can't promise you on the last part, Mrs Monroe." Like how can I assure anyone that I won't fall in trouble during this year in High school when I'm already hanging out with a bad boy who I'm trying hard to avoid but is just not ready to leave me and then there is also my best friend with whom I tend to be an evil lady in disguise.

"What is your first period girls?" She asked us completely ignoring my last statement. "Chemistry" We both said at the same time, I turned to Lily and smiled happily. At least I'm having my first class with her. "You both can go straight and then from there the first passage, in there the first room to the right is your classroom" She gave us the directions and we started walking towards the class. "Lily, how come you are here? Didn't you had to be in LA? " I asked her. "Long story short, I got into trouble and my parents decided it's high time, so they decided I'm going to stay at my Aunt's place and go to this school here which luckily happened to yours too" She said smiling but I could sense something was wrong with her, her smile itself said that. But I stopped myself from asking any more questions about it. 

As we reach the class, I knocked on the door and together me and Lily asked, "May I come in Ma'am?"

"You both are late to the class, so you both are going to have a have detention of two days" She said without looking at us and was writing something on the board. What is wrong with this lady? With her being my teacher, now my hatred for Chemistry has increased. "But Ma'am-" Lily was cut off by her saying,"No buts, young lady or else I won't mind to send you to the principal's office."Arrghh I so badly wish it was legal to kill people so then I could have killed this lady standing in front of me. 

"Umm, good morning Ma'am, I'm Jennifer Smith and I'm new here. On the way from the registration office, me and my friend lost the way to the classroom" I said her as polite as I can.

 "Come in and introduce yourselves, and after that you both can take your seats" 
---------

I have started hating maths, which was the only subject I was good at. It was so easy in the middle school and here it is so damn hard. Overall my first day was not so bad, I'm looking forward to go to this school without any complaints. Now I was just looking forward to go back home and have a good beauty sleep. I'm one of those person's who are in love with their bed. I can spend my whole day in my room without getting bored, as along with WiFi, food and my bed, I'm also having a mini library inside my bedroom.

"Oh, Jennifer, I'm so sorry, I'm late as I was busy for my football practice it totally slipped out of my mind to tell you about it" Edward said reaching towards the main gate where I was standing waiting for him as unfortunately, I don't have a ride to home. I was alone as Christine was having an extra class today. "Oh it's okay" I told him smiling. I wanted to collect information about him from my new friends Zara, Rose and Amber, but then I thought it would just be very awkward so I left my questions for some other time.

"So, how was your first day?" He asked smiling. I didn't feel like venting all the bad things happened to me today in front of him like I have just met him 2 times and it would be incredibly abnormal act from my side to vent all my frustrations in front of him. "It was good" I said shrugging. The ride to home was incredibly silent with none of us opening our mouth, I would just say it was just so awkward.

When we reached home, I just said him bye and rushed towards the entrance, there were voices coming from the drawing room, not feeling like talking at the moment I walked towards my bedroom. Having a warm shower, I changed into some comfortable clothes. Wearing uniform can be seriously bad. I laid down on my bed, reminiscing all the past events occurred today going into a dark slumber.

A/N
Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update, was caught up with exams and results. I hope you all liked this chapter. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.