Chapter 5: Jenny The Detective

Hey Everyone,
Here is your Chapter 5. Hope you all enjoy this.

Jennifer's POV

He took my hand in his and together we walked towards the dance floor, some soft music was playing. Perfect for the moment, I thought. But then realization hit me like a bucket of water that I just agreed to dance with a guy who I just met not exactly just but then still.

So, I decided to gear up Jenny The Detective, that's what my family calls me when I'm too keen to stalk people and know about them. No one would believe it but I really do that.

We began dancing slowly among the other people. He was just staring deep into my eyes like it's the most amazing thing in the whole universe with a smile playing on his face. I don't know why but I myself was finding his all staring comfortable instead of creepy.

"What is your name?" I asked him at last bored of the silence between us. He just chuckled at my question.

Why the hell is he laughing? Isn't that what two unknown people start their conversation with. I thought with a frown. "Hey, my name is Microsoft. If you don't mind then can I crash at your place tonight?" He replied me with a wink.

This all while I just stood there in the shock. What to reply? And what did he mean by the last sentence? I thought but then they were brutally interrupted. Please do note that brutally there as my sister hit me with her clutch to ruin me from further embarrassment.

"Jenny you are here and I was searching for you everywhere. Do you even realize how much I was worried about you? If something..." I interrupted my one and only blabbering sister, Christine from talking any further by saying, "Hey look, I am okay and I just went to take a drink from the counter and then this gentleman here asked me for a dance and then see here I am." Then finally he took a notice of the boy standing beside me listening all our talks intently.

"Oh hey, Edward how are you and where is Josh? I have been looking out for him." She said smiling brightly and blushing slightly at the last. Oh, so his name is Edward. "Oh wait! Weren't you looking for me first? And who is this Josh?" I ask her suspiciously.

"Omfg calm down JTD [Jenny the detective] I was looking for you both and Josh is my friend." and then gesturing her hands towards her Edward she continued, "and his best friend."

"Okay." It was the only reply I managed to give them. I was too embarrassed by myself how could I be so dumb and stupid. I didn't even let Edward answer her question and began with my query. This much embarrassment is enough for today Jenny. Get out from here before the list increases, thinking that I excuse myself from them.

Edward looked like he wanted to say more but me being me I rushed away from there and faced the other embarrassment that was during rushing I accidentally broke my heel. It was a nice chance for me to escape this party fast so I just texted Ashley saying, "Need to leave. Seems like my heels are not in my favor today. -Jen"

"Oh sad, the driver is waiting outside. Be safe. -Ash"

I relieved a sigh upon reading her message and walked towards the exit of the hall, on the way the scene was not at all worth watching so to get rid fast of it I remove my both heels in my hands and walked fast towards the exit.

Reaching the car, I sat peacefully inside it waiting to go home. As I reach the place I looked at time watch, I was wearing to find it was already 12, which meant all of them must be sleeping. Using the spare key under the mat I opened the door and walked towards my room.

I took a fresh shower and wore comfortable clothes. I realize that due the wind, the window of my room opened so I went to close it, but then I noticed there was a boy sitting near the window opposite to mine reading a book.

He looked very much like the previous guy I had the incident with before my both sister's announcement. But then he looked so engrossed in his book so I decided not to interrupt him and instead closed the window and went back to my comfy darling bed. I closed the window and laid on my bed remembering all the earlier incidents and after that, I drifted to my dreamland.

A/N

I know it's not that good but then the votes on the last chapter disappointed me so I decided the next chapter would be updated soon if this chapter at least manages to get 5 votes.