Chapter 1: Fate Being Questioned

Chapter 1

On a day like this, a bright morning sky shines across a thick forest. Birds chirp and fly across the clouds. Then some footsteps are silently heard and the sounds of leaves breaking on the ground. An unsuspecting medium sized deer lurks across the forest. Grazing the forest floor.
A prey insight. Hiding behind the bushes and carefully move before launching at the victim.
I swiftly jump at the deer and bite hard at its neck to kill it instantly. My canines are designed to tear through flesh and bones like a knife through butter. A wolf like myself needs meals like this instead of what is usually served back at the base.
I drag the carcass across the forest grounds to peacefully finish my meal.
That never took really long, so after I finished, I decided to roam around for some time before I return back to the base. As a werewolf, it's very easy and convenient to travel around and cover more ground quicker. Other animals' avoidance of me are common considering the obvious fact that I'm a ferocious predator to them.
My feet took me to a past battling ground where two organizations battle it out for power and control over the land and magic.
The smell of blood infuriates the air and the feeling of many deaths could be sensed while I cautiously walk across the dangerous area. A place where warriors of opposing sides face their deaths and only the most powerful survives. Everything a warrior could have been trained to do all their life could just end in a snap.
The landscape has been severely damaged from war and stained with blood of brave fighters. Decaying bodies and flesh lay across the land.
Even though this seem like it's gruesome and cruel for anyone; however, this is what we are born to do. We are born to kill... Our only life purpose.. What we trained for from the earliest times of our lives.
Will I end up like the fate of these warriors? A question that crosses my mind sometimes and had kept me up several nights.
Walking across a killing field like this is not ideal. Instead I ran in another direction of the woods. Trees are quickly passing me by and at this quick pace, footsteps can't be heard from me.
I finally arrive somewhere else. A river. I walk up to it and bend my head down to drink the water. Tired from exhaustion, I lay down for a minute and I look up and see a village.
A village across the river seems peaceful with innocent children playing and other people lives are safe. No sense of danger is alarmed in them. Sounds of talking and laughter could silently be heard from where I'm standing.
In this livelihood, there also contains people who gave up or quit the organization and rather chase after something else that they consider to be more significant. As a warrior, this is shameful to me due to the fact that fighting till death for the H. Warriors Organization in order to keep the balance between good and evil should always be our main priority no matter what the situation is.
Will I ever choose a path like that? Believed to be impossible. Is it possible? Another question, but I usually dismissed these thoughts since I do not want to question my responsibility.
Something snaps me back into reality. A call from a small ear piece interrupted my train of thoughts. I quickly turn myself back into my human form to lean against a near wide tree. I snap my fingers to answer the call.
"Lyanna, you are permitted to go on a walk right now. You are reported to return back immediately," a messenger says. Most people don't know my last name or they do, but not mention it. Occasionally, someone actually say my full name. Probably because we are all separated from our family since birth and it's troublesome to mention it now.
      The messenger hangs up before I have a chance to say anything. A sigh escapes my mouth an I just teleport back to the base.
      I end up at the heart of the base where a gigantic chandelier hangs above my head. No one seems to be here so I'm relieved. Other people might be in their personal rooms or at the training facilities. "Ms. Lyanna..." A middle-aged woman with straight light brown hair tied up in a top knot similar to mine wearing an all black attire steps down the staircase.