Chapter 6: Trouble On The Train

Chapter 6

"What just happened?" Acacia wakes up from her slumber including Travorson. "I'm not certain, but it seems to be coming from the back of the train," I figure and Quenis questions," how are you sure that it's from the back?" "Werewolf hearing," is all I say before we immediately head to the back of the engine train.
We are passing by panicked passengers running to the front and doors sliding that connects the different sections of the train. "Why can't we stop the train first than risking the lives of the people on board?" Travorson asks to an unspecific person, but Quenis chooses to answer," this is an auto-engine train running 100 kilometers an hour. It's even more dangerous to stop the train."
In a gust of the wind, we arrive to the scene of the blown up end part of the train. "The bandits!" Travorson exclaims which immediately catches their attention. "I told you that they were boarding this train to come get us in Shire," one out of three of them says. Their identity couldn't be specified since masks hides that including hats on the head. The atmosphere immediately became tense and the other says, "well, too bad if they stay to fight then the bombs will blow." "A bomb?" Quenis asks this question for everyone holding her sword in hand.
" 5 throughout. Good luck finding them," the bandit cockily says. "Tra, go disable them now! We'll be fine," Acacia demands which Travorson second guesses her choice of staying, but she shot him a look which he nods and leaves.
After I turn back my head from looking at their exchange, a bullet almost went through my skull; however, I pull out my sword and block it in time. Acacia high-kicks that bandit's gun off his hand and insert her black crafted sword through his neck.
A pool of blood splatter from the other since Quenis swiftly sliced him in half and kicks him out at the exposed part of the train. The remaining bandit shoots the handle of my sword which made me instinctively drops it to the ground, but he's too close, so I ball my hand into a fist and knock him out cold. Picking the gun and shoots both of his legs to make sure he can't make any movement anytime soon.
He should have chose a weapon wisely since it could be used against him easily if carefulness is not considered. "Did he shoot your hand?" Acacia worryingly asks me and I gladly reassure her," no, just the handle." I pick up my dropped sword and at the corner of my eye through the exposed wall of the train, I see a car matching its speed to the train with a person centering a gun at us.
My eyes went wide and I shout," get down!" Both of them did what was said and the blow goes through side of the train which dents the metal. Several more keeps coming, but we hid behind shipping crates on the train. The door slides open revealing Travorson with a panicked look on his face saying," I can't find the last bomb and the last one I found, the timer was 1 minute and 30 secs." "Where could it possibly be?!" Acacia also freaks since Travorson just told her that the bomb was all timed instead of remote controlled.
I quickly remember that I heard ticking sounds before but I quickly neglected it thinking that it may be just a clock, so I close my eyes trying to figure out the source again. "Above..." I bluntly say and everyone looks at me. "There're ladders at the side of the train," Travorson remembers, and we immediately head out at the middle where two parts of the train is attached.
The car was still beside us, but Travorson and Acacia jump from the top of the train onto the roof of the car. He kicks the driver off the car and takes the wheels with Acacia standing on top and pushes her sword through the top halving the person sitting at the passenger seat.
As Quenis climbs the old rusty metal ladder, I realize that the top might be very slippery since it's metal, so I take my shoes off to gain more stability offsetting the very high speed and wind. As I expected from a train constantly moving like this, Quenis nearly is knocked off by the wind, but I quickly grab her hand, but it was too late since she was hanging at the side. "Hold on!" I shout at her, tightening my grip knowing that if I were to ever let go, she will be ran over.
A guy at the back of the car takes out a large gun and shoots my shoulder at the arm holding her. A shot of pain came over me, but I persevere and continue to lift her up. Blood streams down my arm furiously and Quenis notices this shouting," Lyanna! Your arm!" I breathe saying," I'm fine."
Acacia sees this and takes care of the guy that did this since I heard a scream from that direction. I successfully manages to lift her which was not that hard since she is not heavy, but the injury was a bother. "Where's the bomb?" I ask with blood still continue to go down from my shoulder and Quenis points to the engine at the front of the train. With my keen eyesight, I could see on the timer that we don't have much seconds left, so instead of running to it combating the opposite direction of the wind.
I pull my two pistol hand guns which mine could be combined to become a more larger and higher energy sourced gun. I aim at the target and shoot it off the train in a single shot. It explodes in the air not affecting the passengers or the plains. "You did it in one shot that's a very far-range!" Quenis exclaims and I puff a sigh of relief.
So, the train arrives to the station not completely in one piece; however, on the brighter side, there's no injured passenger. "That was awesome," Travorson says, receiving a hit at the back of the head by Acacia. "No, it was not," Acacia opposes. "Lyanna! How's your shoulder?!" Quenis quickly realizes which I reassure her saying," I'm fine since I took out the bullet." "But, it's not treated properly at all," she says worryingly and Travorson interrupts," we'll go back through a portal here because it's much quicker." "There's a portal all along!" Acacia punches him in the arm and he rubs it explaining that," only from here to the organization!" Quenis and I just crack some laughs at them before returning back.