Chapter 13: Rare Day Out

Chapter 13

      "Not a terrible idea," I admit, returning the chair on its four touching the ground with a thud noise. "Yes and I asked permission also. It's not that hard," Travorson mentions, making himself proud. Quenis chuckles and so does Acacia. "Wait, you have to ask permission?" I pretend to sound astoundingly surprised even though I knew that the rule is to inform someone for retreating outside the base. "Unlike you, some people follow the rules," Travorson says and I make a are-you-serious look and he adds," sometimes." A warrior that follows all the rules seem foreign to my brain and my mind can't seem to process it; however, I know that this rare species exist somewhere. Pretty rare though.
      "Okay, we'll see each other again at the gate in 20 minutes then," Lucas clarifies the place and time, so we all headed to our respective rooms. Not preparations that I need since I'll just change my uniform to black skinny jeans, plain black T-shirt with cutouts at the shoulder, black sneakers, adorned with a red plaid button up shirt on top. Before doing so, I sneak a glance at the mirror, seeing the tattoo of the word 'H. Warrior' in small cursive font where the cutout at the right shoulder of the shirt. Bringing back memories of when the decision in getting that was made. I used to regret that, but now I stand by this entirely. Always was and always will be a H. Warrior. After getting dressed, swinging two guns to the pockets that holds them, and also my sword sliding it down my back which has its own case just invisible to the eye inside the solid black color of the shirt. Not even think to change my hair and keep it the same way to head out.
      Heading out the dorm with these kinds of clothes, of course you would receive looks of all different kinds ranging from hatred to confusion. However, the more you let it get to you, the more you second guess yourself and with the time frame, I don't have much to do that necessary thing. Usually teleporting there is easier, but discussed to gather out the gate, so I chose to do that instead. If anything goes not according to plan, I'll transport back at least that's the thought.
      Normally I would sneak out alone since no one is smart enough to do so. And they call themselves warriors when they can't even get cross a few guards. Even if tracked in the city, if they can't catch you, they can't make you return. 'Being so fearless at the battlefield and yet cowards when it comes to common sense.' That thought make me smile suppressing a laugh which quickly fades since it's not usual for me to have such expression. Walking across the corridor, ignoring glare and stares and not speeding since I'm not the one to be early. But soon, I reach the gate with a small crowd there chatting. "Finally she's here," Acacia says wearing also black skinny jeans, but with cutouts at the knees with a dark grey T-shirt and black shoes. Her black and purple hair is loose onto her shoulders until her waist.
      "At least she's here. I thought she would just bail on us," Travorson says with a white T-shirt, blue jeans and brown boots. Probably the white messy hair is intended. "Lyanna, I can see your guns," Quenis warns. Wearing a striped black and white T-shirt, white sneakers, and black skinny jeans. Her reflective silver hair is carefully braided with no strands of hair loose. "We are going out, not to war. You know that right?" Lucas mocks. With dark shade of green as his shirt and simple jeans with black shoes. His hair looks combed than Travorson's, but not neatly so. "Come on, I'm pretty sure all of us brought some form of defense," I say, not thinking the weapons as defense, but for more like direct fight. They all slightly nods and not in surprise since we are all warriors.
      Hearing Quenis's comment, I take my red plaid shirt off and tie it around my waist instead hiding them better. "Better?" I ask and raising my arms a little in the air. She smiles and nods while Acacia and the others quickly puts their attention onto my top right shoulder. Oh, the tattoo.
      "Yeah, I got this a long time ago." I gesture it and Quenis just seen it even though I explain, they still look quite stunned. Took a second for them to snap back to reality and Acacia clears her throat and lifts her index finger to point at the base of my neck. I realize what she meant and I take the sword out and cut the single tie that holds the top knot in one place to break into a long ponytail instead. Sliding back the sword into its case, thinking that the hair will cover the evidence nicely. "I didn't know you had red hair," Lucas says in slight shock, but secure the expression from sight. "Since birth, just rarely shown." I say and we decided to go to the city. Walking on foot might sounds like a bad idea; however, when practiced, not that terrible.
      "So, who's showing us around?" Acacia asks and looks at me like she's questioning toward me, but other ideas came into my mind then. "Not me, I have other things to do." Refusing her request to show her around just by looking back at her. "Lucas can show you to the bookstore since he's been there a couple of times," I state in Quenis's direction which I can see that she's not thankful that it's with him; however, the mentioning of bookstore brightens her mood. Slightly.
      "Sure." A answer from Lucas confirms it all as we reach the center of the city. Crowds of lively people and various of mix noises are scattered across the area with children running all over making this place so lively. Camouflaging and blending it perfectly like an animal in the wild, we fit in the genre of casual teenagers. While Quenis already follows Lucas from behind to the store whereas I walk into another direction. "Wait, where are you going?" Travorson asks me while I was about to walk away. "Nearby cafe, to get breakfast. I'm not going to be lost if I'm born here," telling him. "Have fun," I crack a small smile and shove my hands into the pockets of my jeans, leaving them behind.