Chapter 2: A Package

Chapter 2

Still standing in the corridor, as the instructor walks toward me and says," you are reported to come to the Head Master's office immediately. He has important things to talk to you about." "Why? It's not past my curfew and I just went out to eat lunch," I reply, crossing my arms. "I'm not sure of the reason he's calling you, but he would like to see you now, please." With that, the instructor turns her back and walks away. Probably to the training area since she might have to supervise the trainees.
I lightly shrug my shoulders and walk up the stairs. Every time my foot steps on a stair, a creaking sound was made. Without anyone around, the sound is louder than usual.
I pass by a few people on my way there. Different looks are exchanged and the atmosphere seems tense. Not all of us are friendly to each other since some people consider this to be a competition in who's more powerful.
I believe that it's a waste of time because we're not supposed to fight each other. We're here to eliminate our enemies. We should set our priorities straight.
The hallway there would have been dark, thanks to the clear glass windows. Allowing just enough sunlight to light up the way.
A few minutes later, I arrive right in front of the office's door. I knock onto it three times and a faint voice says," come in." After hearing that, I turn the golden doorknob to open just to peak my head in.
I step in and close the door behind me. "Ahh, Lyanna. Please take a seat," the Head Master says, gesturing to a chair in front of his desk. So, I walk up to it and sit down. There's a view through a glass window behind him. Bookshelves line the entire right wall of the room. The other lies a variety of paintings and pictures being hung on the wall.
For his age, he certainly look the part with his grey hair and a few wrinkles here and there. Always wearing a dark blue suit and black shoes.
"Ok, now that you're finally here. Do you know what am I going to tell u?" Asking a question while reading some papers that the information on them is unknown to me. I position myself into a more comfortable matter since something tells me I'm going to be here a while. "I'm in trouble for sneaking out of the seal? Again?" My tone gradually fades through the words and if you don't have a keen ear, you won't hear the last few words I said.
His attention still seems to be fixated on the papers, he says," you have done that several times that people here are used to it by now including myself. However, I didn't call you here because of that. There has been slow activity with the other side since the last battle. Sources seem to believe that they are planning something, but there's no concrete proof if that's so. What I want you to do is to go to the west side downtown and deliver very important documents back to me. It's very crucial that you don't lose or hand them to anyone else. When you come back, there will be people I want you to meet."
      After that long explanation, I'm not too excited about the fact that I have to meet people later; however, I reply saying," fine, whatever."
      With that, I teleport outside the base's forcefield or seal then I realized that I'm wearing my all-black warrior uniform. So since I'm also a wizard, I quickly change into long skinny jeans, plain black t-shirt, a denim jacket and some black sneakers.
      I tied my jet black hair into a bun and tuck the red ends under to hide it. I also pop on a black mask that cover only half of my face to hide my identity. It's actually not uncommon for anyone to wear something like this either to hide their defections or have hygienic concerns around here.
      Since I could not just turn into a wolf to travel there, I try to teleport as near to the westside downtown as possible. You could only teleport to any places that you have marked before.
      I'm on a sidewalk at the west part of the city. I walk around trying to get familiar with the place. Not a common place for me, so directions might be the current issue.
      I'm walking across the sidewalk and there's a lot of people passing by that probably don't even noticed that I'm there due to my appearance. I look like a normal teenage girl to them.
      As I'm passing by different houses, buildings and shops, I can feel a presence. Felt that it's not trying to hide its location, I have a great chance to find that person if I follow the feeling.
      A few hours later, I can see the person is very dark alleyway. Besides a brick building nearing an antique shop, so I lean against against the edge of the building. On my view, the sun is starting to go down pretty soon. "So? You're here for the package?" A male voice whispers. "Hmm..." I extend my hand to his direction for him to hand the package over. "You think you just take it?" A smirk is probably spread across his face.
      The sun just disappeared behind one of the tall buildings and the moon is starting to come up. A bus stops by and drops off some passengers.
      I turn to the alleyway and grab him by the collar and slam him against the side of the building. The night sky makes it hard to see in the dark, but as a werewolf, night vision kicks in. "Look, I don't have time for this. U have two choices. Either you just give me the package and no one will be murdered or the delivery will be given to me by a dead body," I grunt. I could faintly hear a gulp and my eyes turn vibrant red as I can see them through his eyes reflecting back at me.
      "Thanks for doing business with us," I say, walking away and I teleport back to the organization.
      *knock* "Come in, Lyanna." I walk into the Head Master's office with the documents in hand. There are people here that I don't recognize. Who are they?