Chapter 11: A Talk

Chapter 11

      "Oh sorry, did I scare you?" Derek says, appearing behind where I am. "Why are you here?" The first question that came to my mind as I still lean against a tree. "I should be the one asking that," he says, but I protest," but, I ask first." This game continues for a few minutes since not the type to give in, so Derek says,"I saw a dot running around the forest and thought it was still a prisoner left or a warrior escaped." Emphasizing the point which made me suspect that he knew it would have been me. Having a very good track record of visiting this place quite often, so I figure the Head Master might have mentioned it. "If it was a prisoner, it would have been a bright dot," I bluntly say.
      "So, what's your business here?" He asks leaning against another tree. "A snack," I simply say even though being hungry didn't even cross my mind at all. As I say that, I use my elbow and knock the side of the apple tree. A little vibration makes ripe fresh apples to fall into my hand and coincidentally on his head. The surprising look on his face makes me chuckle a little and he says," haha, very funny." "Ok, here." I repeat the same action; however, this time he caught it with ease.
      "Still don't think that the explanation is strong enough," he says while biting the fruit. "I need my exercise and I'm pretty sure the Head Master mentioned that I'm a werewolf." Finishing my apple completely as he says," he did a couple of times." Which is not so surprising to me since only the Head Master and only a few instructors would know information like hybrid types and such.
Not accustomed to having company with me when out here, but not being too bothered if it's just an occasion. "How's Acacia?" He asks, so I reply," she's fine. Quenis and Travorson are helping with her injury." "You're not?"
"Medication is not my field of expertise," I say. The sun is going to set pretty soon as I take a quick glance at the sun turning colors right before my eyes. Normally I would stay to admire the beauty; however, a distraction. "By the way, I will be having a talk with all of you very soon about the current enemy situation and updates on that," he says which catches my attention. "What is it about?"
"I would wait to deliver this information when everyone is around, but I guess they are occupied right now." I think he means Acacia's wounded arm, but not asking for any confirmation. "I'm sure you know that after our last battle of losing quite a bit of soldiers on our side and theirs also that it had been very few activities from them. No real evidence that they are planning something to get revenge, but the sources proves that it's very likely so. A few of those sources seemed to die out because of something and we always need new updated to get ahead of them just in case another battle will be declared." After finishing his sentence, the moon shines as bright as ever with the twinkling stars decorating the dark night sky and the creatures of the night is starting to appear.
Taking this as a sign to head back, I tell Derek," you can presume your speech later and would have been better if the others are here, so I'll take my leave now." At a blink of an eye, I'm back at the base not waiting for him at all and head to the dorm.
The door opens and reveals Acacia's bandaged arm and the others sitting at the sofa. "Where have you been?" Quenis's curiosity strikes, but I didn't mind. "Forest," I simply respond earning another question from Travorson, "again?" "I don't think it was surprising," I say to him which he makes a confused look then nods slowly.
Noticing that Acacia is not saying anything and just reading our organization's updates on different events which is not shocking because of our last exchange together. "I think that some people have to talk to each other," Travorson says, signaling me and Acacia which she glares at him for stating that. "He's right though, you two should not stay like this if we were to work together," Quenis states her point, but I immediately decline," apologies can be had later since right now Derek will be here soon to tell us about our new goal."
Better late than ever, he comes in through the door as I take a seat next to Quenis across from her. "Glad that you all are here... Wait, we are missing someone," Derek says and the opened door distracts our attention to it which is Lucas. Not that excited to see him and I can feel Quenis is not so joyful either. "You again?" She says, turning her head away. "Like I said earlier, apologies can happen later," I state since knowing that it's not going to end well.
Derek goes on about the part which he told me before, so I don't think it's necessary to hear it again. However, a moment later, "... So, we will have to found out ourselves since the organization will be bothered with the trainees' final testings which as we all know takes an incredible amount of time," he says which everyone agrees because we have all been through that horrible time. Very stressful and also very occupying for everyone, so not much help can be had about searching for new information. "The sources will return the day after tomorrow for this and they won't be available for a while. That's why we will be filling in since we thought we might strike during these times as our attention are not on them," he finishes his explanation which makes me relieved.
"So, we have only one more day of freedom before a load of work," Travorson says, arching an eyebrow. Derek nods confirming the work that we must do later makes me sigh. Being pretty used to this since when I joined the organization which was at a very young age, there wasn't a lot of warriors or trainees because of the fight from before, so all the work was divided for everyone equally. The memories of a couple of sleepless weeks come back to my head which is not new. "So, everyone can get some rest now since it's getting late," Quenis says, standing up to head to her room. The others also goes to their respective rooms and so do I. Another night of sleep to be had as I drift off to one.