Chapter 15: Small Mistake

Chapter 15

      "I can't believe we missed him," Lucas chimes in the conversation as we are walking across the path back to the base. Trees and greenery decorate the sides as we grace through and the wind sings to the tree swaying. The sun is still shining up high as the sunlight shades a light color of buttery yellow onto the ground. "He's a wizard. Teleportation should have crossed our minds," Quenis says. "Hey, Lyanna. How did you find him?" Acacia raises a question, so I answer," you can get a good view on something high." Stepping on the hot rocks, but shoes prevent the heat from radiating. Walking behind everyone and slowing my speed on purpose. "Well, now we know that they will onto us, so any work should be done with precaution," Derek advices, but the fact that we didn't succeed bump my mood, so listening is not bothered after that.
      "Guys, I'm tired. So, I'm going now," I fake a lie to them which some of them just nod as I transport away.
      My room looks quiet and empty even though there're things scattered around, but a snap of a finger would fix that. My curtains closed, so rays of sunlight peaks through the gap that's between them. As I plop onto my bed for a second, so I decide to change my clothes.
      After a couples of hours pass by and the sun start to drop to the horizon, I'm walking across the floor of the forest with fresh blood on my teeth from a previous hunt a couple minutes ago. The sun turns the sky into a variety of different colors like orange and purple like an oil painting. My feet leads me up to a cliff that was high and dangerous; however, ignoring the height. I lay down onto the rock as a wolf and watch the sun disappear from my sight and the moon starts to walk up behind me. The hot air is quickly replaced with a cold one, but this thick layer of fur contradicts that.
      My mind immediately trails off to what happened in chasing that guy down which we failed. I don't mind the failures or mistakes since it shapes us to what we will become, so I never regret them. Even though some mistakes just can't be forgotten or rewind as you wish and the consequences could be too much to handle. I sit back up with my back straight as I hear a ringing sound vibrate through my ear. "What?"
      "We're going to have a talk, so you might want to be here right now," Acacia says. Sighing as I respond, "whatever." Not trying to direct my slight frustration onto her since that what happened was not her intentions.
      Not knocking the door to the dorm as I went in which Quenis immediately voices, "someone seriously need to teach you how to knock." Ignoring her comment as I sit down onto the sofa sinking my weight down completely. "So? What's the important talk?" I ask, rubbing my temples. Quickly thinking that they will see my annoyance clearly, so I try to tone it down. "Glad that you actually came, so I know that we didn't catch him which should not be made into a big deal about. However, that does confirm that they might be on to us, so whatever move we will be taking next should be well thought about," Derek says to all of us, sitting on the opposite sofa chair in front of Travorson. "Isn't that what you said on the way here?" I ask, arching one eyebrow. "Just making sure everyone heard it instead of ignoring it," Derek emphasizes me probably which doesn't shock me at all. I cross my arms together looking to another direction. "Here's what bothering me. How did they know about our plan? Since only the six of us that knew," Quenis raises a good question.
      "I'm not certain, but there's either secretive cameras installed here or someone told them." Derek eyes everyone along the line also passes me; however, I don't hesitate to stare right back since the leak of information is certainly not from me. "Well then, I guess this talk is done?" The first thing that Acacia asks ever since I came back or either I'm not there for it. Tapping my fingers onto the armchair is the only thing that's keeping my mind from straying anywhere. "I guess so. Have some sleep before tomorrow," Derek says, standing up to leave.
      "Anyone wants dinner?" Travorson questions to lighten up the mood. The clock shows that it's late for some people since some trainees walk by with obvious exhaustion from their faces and the bags under eyes illustrates the sleepless nights they might have. The door opens and closes as the people came in or leave for whatever business they might attend to. "Already had it," I speak up as I shift my weight to one side of the chair. The annoyance plastered on my face from earlier slowly fades as I keep in my mind instead of showing it to the public. I glance to Quenis to see that the previous pile of books from the town is at her right on a side table. Realizing that she might not have bought all of them, so I raise a question, "Quenis, did you buy all of that?" She looks up at me with those oceanic blue eyes without blinking even once as she says," Lucas helps me buy most of them." I throw a glance at Lucas which is pretending not to hear our conversation as I turn back to see pinkish color starts to appear at the tips of her hair, although it quickly fades. Only catching a small glimpse of it, so there's not enough proof to question about it, so sewing my mouth shut about the topic would be a better idea.
Leaning against the back of the chair and prop my elbow onto the arm of the sofa chair and Travorson already walks over to the kitchen probably for dinner. Acacia follows behind and her mouth moves about something that I would not want to be involved probably. They were sharing a quick conversation until Travorson flashes a small grin at her and she turns her head away quickly. I turn and smirk as I stand up to my room planning to sleep.