Chapter 2

“Kally, baby, c’mon, talk to me.” Someone yelled. I felt myself shake a little. “KALLY! Open your fucking eyes now!” it yelled. Everything was hurting. It hurt to breath, move, and even think. If this person kept shaking me, I knew I would have to kill them.

I gradually opened my eyes, letting myself see the scene around me. Wolves lay around, dead or knocked out. I looked up and saw Vic leaning over me, panic in his eyes. He was full of blood, whether it be his or not I didn’t know.

“Kally, can you hear me?” he said. I slowly opened my mouth, only for nothing to come out. I looked down at myself. I was far worse than Vic. My whole stomach was in blood. I could see the skin pulled away from when the wolf bit me. my shoulder had blood poring out of it. this just made everything hurt so much more.

I pressed my head back into the dirt, holding in the cries I had.

“Kally, I have to pick you up. We can’t stay here. More of them will come soon. It’s going to hurt. I’m sorry. Just hold on.” he said. slowly, he put his hands under me, and lifted me up. I screamed in pain, clutching onto his shirt. Being away from the ground felt so cold.

“V-Vic, it’s s-so c-cold.” I whispered.

“I know, baby girl. Hold on. I’m going to get you home. It’ll be better soon.” He said. He started running. I felt myself fading more with every step he took but held onto concousness the best I could. Soon, we were out of the woods and running down the street to my house.

“God dammit, why aren’t this hearing me! ALPHA! MR. SANTERS!” he yelled very loud.

I turned my head to see Alpha’s door opening along with my houses. Alpha and his wife looked through the doorway and saw Vic carrying me. Alpha immediately started running to us. Dad looked out the door and saw me next. His eyes went big and he, too, started to run to us.

Alpha reached us first and Vic stopped walking.

“What happened!” Alpha demanded.

“I’m so sorry Alpha. We were just messing around. Mike, he…he kept calling Kally a chicken because she wouldn’t go in the forest. We all went in. I thought we’d be ok. Then this other pack came. They attacked us and tried to kill her! I’m so sorry!”

“KALLY!” dad yelled reaching us. More of the top ranking people looked outside and saw what was happening. The men ran out to us while all the women stayed inside, afraid that they would be attacked.

“Dad, I’m sorry.” I forced out.

He shook his head, tears welling up in his eyes. “No, baby, I should have told you. Stay with me baby. You can’t leave us!” he said putting his hands around my cheeks. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

“Rick, we have to get her to the hospital. She hasn’t changed yet, it won’t heal naturally.” Alpha said. He took me from Vic, in his arms. “Vic, you said Mike kept daring her… Where is he?”

Vic looked down. “He saved her, sir. I held back the others while he went off to help her. He sacrificed himself to save her, sir.”

I looked at Vic. No, he had to be lying. Mike wouldn’t do that! He wouldn’t die! He was my best friend! No, no, no, no! My breathing quickened and I started to hyperventilate.

“Hospital! NOW!” Alpha said. Dad nodded. With his permisson, Alpha started to run to the hospital, not far from there.

I can’t do this. I couldn’t live without Mike here with me! Why would he do that! I would have rather died. He’s gone. He’s gone. He’s gone. My head felt like it was going to explode and I closed my eyes hoping that it was stop. Instead, I ended up letting go of concousness.