Chapter 4

“Easy, easy, why are you screaming?” I looked up and saw the alpha. What was his name? Erick…Edan…EVAN! That was it.

“You…your…they were…”

“Relax, speak slowly.” His firneds who I just noticed now, stood all around him and began to laugh at me.

“You’re Evan? You’re the other alpha!” I cracked out.

“No, actually my name is Justin. My last name is Evans. Not Evan. Evans with an S.” he smiled, still not releasing my arms.

I. Was. Alone…

“I’m sorry I ran into you. I just thought I saw something. It was nothing. You can release me now. I-I wont go crazy.” I half smiled at him, hoping that my casual act of lying was working.

His grip stayed firm.

“In the forest? You saw something in there?” he looked up at the forest for a minute. His eyes went lifeless for a minute before a smile appeared on his face. “Well let’s go see hwat it is then!”

He started to walk forward. He realeased my good arm and started to drag me there by the other. I dug my heals into the dirt and started to plead over and over with him, hoping I would perswuade him not to do this to me. He didn’t stop or hesitate once. His friends pushed gently at my back, making it harder to not go with Justin and easier for him to pull me. Tears started to form at my eyes and were ready to pour over. I would surely die if I went in there.

“Justin…really?” someone suddenly spoke, making him freeze. My begging continued over this but slowed with the sudden stop of Justin’s pull. Justin slowly turned around, as did I, and found a boy a little bit older than me and Justin’s age standing there. His face was serious and strong. His mouth was pulled tightly, not allowing and smile or parting of lips to occur. His hair was messy like he had woke out of bed and combed it with his eyes closed. It was long brownish black and curled out and the ends. His arms were way to big for his shirt and his chest seemed to be the same way. He stood taller than all of us, but only topped Justin and Tyler by a little.

“Anthony, what do you want? No one asked for your help.” Justin said, losing his Alpha tone slowly.

The boy looked at him and raised and eyebrow. His eyes darted to me and he nodded his head to me. Justin tensed and I felt his grip run harder. My hand was feeling a bit tingly now and he was going to snap my bone in two pretty soon.

I guess when you are wolf you get stronger to. No one ever told me that before! Mike wouldn’t have won so many arm contests then! Oh My God, he was acting the whole time and I didn’t even know it!

“Let her go, now.” He spoke slowly and patiently. His voice was calm and seemed like he just woke up from sleeping. How could he be so calm at a time like this. Oh wait, I know, it wasn’t his arm that wasn’t going to be broke in two!

Justins grip released a little and then tightened back up.

“Whose to stop me if I don’t? Can’t be you cause surely you would know your rank well enough as to attack an Alpha who wants to claim someone. Besides, my friends and Beta would not allow you to even touch me.” he spoke confidently, his tone still not back yet.

“Well, Alpha, you are no Alpha of mine. Since you are causing someone from a different pack pain, it is in my best interest to stop it. You will not mark someone not in your pack, under my watch. Plus, you should have the decency to fight your own fight and not have your little…friends to fight your battles for you. Your beta may not want you to get hurt but it is no use sending him to fight a battle he won’t win. Skip the bullshit and release her, now.”