Chapter 6

“Dad—I mean Alpha, put you in almost all of my classes. I think there is like two he couldn’t get me into with you. It’s just in case anything happens. It’s standard procedure with everyone in my pack. I am always near if they need help.”

“Well I guess this should be interesting, huh.” Hmm, English, Science, Math, Lunch, History, Fighting., and AP P.E.. What in the world did the last two mean. Fighting and advanced placement p.e. This school is pretty weird! Nothing like at home.

“Don’t forget, you have class with me after your seventh period. I teach you everything you need to know about wolves.” Corey spoke up from reading his newspaper.

“Alright, where do I meet you then?” I asked.

“Don’t worry, you’ll know later.” He spoke smiling.

I raised an eyebrow at him. Could this day get any weirder?

After breakfast, all of us, us being everyone in the dorms, set out to their classes. Julia, Tyler, and I had english together. It was on the ground floor and had huge windows to it. The room was pretty big and probably seated around 50 students. The seats were sat in rows like the bigger colleges do. The ones in the back were elevated and the ones in the front sta on the ground. Luckily for me, Julia and Tyler have been sitting in the back the whole year and didn’t want to stop now. I always hated sitting in the front. The teachers always managed to ‘target’ people, as I like to say. What I meant by that was that they would look for the closest people to them and you happened to be eye level and not hidden behind anything. You were first pick.

Mrs. Renar walked in. She was a preppy little teacher. She looked pretty nice. Her heals clicked and clacked along the floor as she made her way in to her desk. She wore a skirt that hung half way to her calves. Her white button down shirt was tucked in. She must have woke up late because her reddish brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun. 50’s. that’s how old I would have guessed she was. Her face was full of wrinkles.

“Good morning class. Sorry I am late. Apparenly, we have a new student and I had to go pick up her paperwork.” Her voice was light and nice. I think I would deffinetly like this teacher.

“She’s an old wolf.” Tyler whispered. “She’s a night guard who helps watch the perimeters at night.”

Sweet, a wolf as a teacher. This would be fun afterall.

“Is there a Kallista Santers here?”

“It’s Kally.” I stated kindly, not snoby like I so very much wanted to. I hated when people used my full name. it always bothered me.

“Excuse me, Kally. You match your name well.” She smiled up to me. I raised an eyebrow. I never knew what my name meant. I guess she’s an English teacher and it’s her job to know name deffinitions and word deffinitions. “It’s Greek, meaning Beautiful and lovely.”

“Thanks.” Awkwarddddddd.

For a good 10 or 15 minutes, she spent spreading out her papers and searching for specific ones. She would randomly run to the board and start to write and sentence, then run back to her desk and look through the papers again. I watched Justin pick up a clump of paper and throw it just in time for her heal to step on it. she slipped a littl and almost fell but her wolf instincts were still quick and she managed to catch herself. She looked up at the laughing Justin and glared.

“Justin Evans. Did you throw that paper?”

“No, miss.” He smiled to his friends. She looked around the room.

“Ahh, Kally, I hate  to single you out but I trust that being new, you would rather not lie to me and make a bad impression. Did Justin throw the paper?”