Change of heart

It charged at me, faster than I imagined. I tried swinging my sword but it evaded it. It swung at me with its deadly claws but i deflected it with my shield. I took the biggest swing I could. It hit my blade and it went flying. It saw its opportunity and jumped on me and pinned my hands to the ground.

   "If you are going to kill me," I said "make sure the wounds are in the front. That way everyone will know that I attempted a death-hand with honor and did not run away!" It opened its jaws. Its teeth were a pure white as if it knew what hygene was. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see what it does to me. Instead, it released its grip and got up. It gave another of his blood curdling cries and ran off into the forest, looking for its next meal that ended up not being. I grabbed my sword and sheathed it. I found my team at the end of the forest. Yuni ran up, hugged and kissed me. "Did you kill it?" Asked Tyler. "No, I didn't." "Then how are you alive?" Brandon asked. "I really don't know." I replied.

   After Tyler and Brandon fell asleep, I started a conversation with Yuni. "May I ask you something?" I said. "Anything." She replied. "Do you think animals and creatures have feelings?" "That's kind of weird question to ask, but... I don't think so. Many animals or creatures just go for their instinct." "Oh." I replied I rolled over. "Why do you ask?" "Because the death-hand. I told it to hurt my front side and it let me go. It didn't leave a scar on me or anything it just ran off." "You can't be serious!" She's usually doesn't show surprise when you tell her, but she looked shocked as if she got hit by lightning. "What if... they have a little bit of human in them?" I asked. "Ok now you're just tired. Go to sleep." Maybe I was, so I rolled over. 

   After five minutes, I heard her call me. "Shade?" "Yes, Yuni?" "I love you." "I love you too." I don't know if it was that she said that she loved me and I knew I loved her too, or if I was just scared of losing her again but I rolled over, wrapped my arm around her, and kissed her cheek while she fell asleep. That night was the first night I was able to sleep good in five years.