A civilization of bark

The trees blew silently, but audibly. The birds chirped happily, and we heard the sound of nature while it ignorantly lived its life. There was no absolute trail, but the death hands seemed to know their way. We encountered no problems in the forest, oddly enough, with all the animals and possible natural abominations that can possibly roam this bark kingdom. The animals generously left us alone, but when they did come to us, they came with curiosity. Everything seemed natural, until we reached deeper into the forest.

   We saw what looked like civilization. The citizens looked alot like their troops only without the weapons. One of them actually talked to us, asked us if we needed help. Thhey talked in another language, but the death hands replied in the same language. He said he would call for them when we needed it.

   We fallowed the death hands and they led us to a place that seemed like a hut, so I assumed it was a hotel. We saw a man of bark and he asked us if we needed a room, but he asked in English. So we took the room, and we slept better then we have since Charteria.

   When we awoke, we were greeted with breakfast and backpacks for each of our men. The one who gave us the room walked up to me. "The king wants to see you as soon as you can." I nodded and he left.

   After we ate and packed, we walked up to the castle. For a forest, this kindgom was pretty big. We knocked and we heard a loud "Come in!" We walked into the castle that had vines and other forest and things that were supposed to look gross made, polished and hung in beautiful patterns. they just looked like a pretty wallpaper.

   We approached a king who had a crown made of leaves and vines and he was as huge as a tree. "You said you needed us?" I said. "We heard your cry, and by the sense of urgency the deathclaw sent to us, it sounds like you guys are in a time of struggle." I was shocked he knew so much about us. "We are sir," I shuddered, "but I don't want to bring you into a war of humans." "You shouldn't underestimate the power of your enemies." He said. "I have been alive for many hundreds of years, and I will be alive for a many hundred more. I know these Scornets, and their power, their technology and every one of their tactics. Now it is your choice, you can have and adversary such as myself, or you can avoid me and leave us be, which I do not want either." 

   "Why don't you want such a thing? wouldn't having some humans be rid of help you?" I asked. "Yes." He replied. "But them, I would want more then anything. They take our lumber, from this very forest without the approval of me." "Why don't you stop them yourselves?" I asked. "We have been trying to find a group of men to help me out, and you guys are perfect for it." He replied. "So, you aren't only just being nice to us to help, but it helps you as well?" I asked. "I wouldn't have gone out of my way to allow you to see me and my people for nothing." He smiled, or what looked like a smile. I did in return. "Then I take your alliance, king..." "Just call me King John." I must have shown my expression, because he replied as, "It is a human name, but my parents liked it."