Closed eyes

Chapter 5

4 months later... (9 months pregnant)

I was in the kitchen making myself yet another snack. I have been eating so much, I'm pretty sure half of the fat I have now wasn’t from the baby. I was huge now; sometimes I wonder if I'm having twins instead of just one baby. Dr. Taylor will be delivering my baby girl; he said that I could have her any day now and at given time. So, it's pretty much up to my beautiful baby girl to decide when she is ready to come out into the real world.

I made salad which combined pineapple, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing all mixed together. Hey, don’t look at me with disgust, I have weird food cravings I'm pregnant so don’t talk.

I walked into the living room sat on the couch watching The Secret Life of an American Teenager while munching on my ‘salad’. After a few minutes I was done eating I watched the rest of the episode. Once it was done I walked back into the kitchen and made myself dessert, chocolate ice cream with Watermelon chunks.

I heard the front door open and a very loud Madison running around the house yelling my name. Finally, she found me; she started talking about her day with Jamie at the park. How they had a race of who could swing the highest first. Mom popped into the door way with a bunch of grocery bags in her hands, I walked and helped her.

“So, how are you? Is the baby moving a lot, did anything happen while I was gone?” she shot questions all at once that I couldn’t answer them.

“No, nothing happened. No moving, no pain, no nothing.” I reassured her. She let out a breath. My mom was very protective over me and my baby; over protective you could call it. She walked back out to the car to get the remaining of the groceries.

I heard my mother’s footsteps enter through the front door. I thought of a devious plan to prank my mom, when I saw my mom right around the corner. I quickly got a glass of water off the counter and spilled some onto the floor. I screamed in fake pain, my mom ran into the kitchen the look on her face was priceless, I was biting my lips hard making sure I don’t laugh. A few moments later with my mom talking to herself about this is really happening.

I couldn’t take it anymore I erupted into a fit of laughter until my sides hurt, I felt my baby girl kick after I stopped laughing. My baby is proud of her mommy. I walked out of the kitchen while my mom cleaned up the mess I had made, I felt kind of bad because she had to cleaning up the mess I caused. I couldn’t bend down so I couldn’t clean it myself. I'm too fat for that now.

I walked up the stairs to see what Madison was up to, I got into her room to see her at her little table in the corner of her room colouring a picture. I walked over to her and sat on the chair beside her carefully.

“Fufu, when the baby comes are you going to love her more than me? Are you going to forget me?” Madison asked. She didn’t take her eyes off the picture she was colouring.

“What? Of course I won’t forget you and I won’t love you any less then I love you now. I may be busier taking care of the baby, but you are going to help me right?” I reassured her.

“Jamie said you were going to forget about me and you are going to love the new baby more than Me.” she said in a small voice. I leaned over to give her a huge.

After our little conversation Madison and I coloured in her colouring books for a while. An hour later I felt my baby girl kicking harder than ever. It was so painful she has never kicked this hard; I let out a scream from pain. I could see Madison was scared.

I told Madison it get mom fast, she ran out of the room yelling for mom to come quickly. Moments later mom popped into the room. She looked worried at me as I folded down clenching my stomach.