Parent/Teacher Interviews

Victimized

Chapter 9

“Please” 

“No” 

“Please, mommy”

“No, Sophie”

“But why?” Sophia pouted. Sophia jumped on me grabbing my face and making me look into her eyes. I closed my eyes trying not to look in her eyes, but before I could, the flashback came.

“I can’t wait to go inside of you” The sickening voice I will always remember for the rest of my life. The men involved caused me to not have a normal life, but one of the men gave me something that was the most precious thing I hold dearest to my life, but that is also a curse because I cant look into her beautiful eyes without being afraid of them.

“NO! STOP PLEASE!” I yelled and shook around crying without realizing I knocked Sophia off my lap and onto the floor. My mom ran into the room to see whats all the commotion. 

“Sophia, can go to your room please?” My mom said. I was crying violently, I saw sophia’s face and it broke my heart into pieces. 

“Go” Mom shouted making her jolt a little.

She feared me. 

All she wanted to do is come with me. Tonight were parent/teacher progress meetings. I was going to go alone because I had work after and I wanted to go to work straight after I finish at Sophia’s school. It would be a lot easier that way because I  wouldn't have to come back to the house and drop off Sophia. But Sophia wanted to go to see her teacher and Max again. 

“Faith calm down. Breathe honey” My mom tried to come close to me without noticing a scream broke lose making everything turn around. 

“Honey, calm down.” She repeated

“She hates me, my own daughter hates me.”

“I hate you, you did this to me! You hurt me! Stop laughing! STOP!” The laughter continued. His laugh was taunting me. He was doing it on purpose, it was like he wanted me to suffer.

While he is off doing whatever he wants whenever he wants, I am here emotionally damaged and suffering, raising our child and being afraid of my daughter because she has the same physical features as him. When do I stop suffering? When do I get a chance to have a conversation with someone and not be afraid when they shift from on foot to another? When will I forget what he has done to me and go on and live my life how I use to when I was care free, happy and reckless? When will I feel happy and safe? When? Will it happen?

Moments later I got my breathing under control. I was still shaking and sobbing softly. The tormenting voice wouldn't leave me, it kept echoing in my head. 

Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours we just sat there in a cold empty silence.