It's Don

The following month went by in a flash. With their bags packed for Mick's suggested vacation, Fleetwood Mac, along with their assistants, were up in the air on a private jet, flying over to Australia. Everyone was both excited and feeling bittersweet. It was going to be the last leg of the huge tour the band embarked on over a year ago. What followed next was unknown. Everyone, excluding Stevie, were willing to make one more album, they were feeling as if maybe it was time to end it for good, yet on the other hand, it was so hard to let something so good go. The three British members of the band were relying on Lindsey to convince Stevie going into a studio was the absolute right thing to do, but he feared pushing her buttons too much as well. He would rather have her decide she wanted it herself. They all agreed to leave that subject behind for the time being and have the best time playing those last shows.

"You guys, I have something for you." Stevie said, going through one of her suitcases. 

"Presents?" Mick asked, as excited as any kid on a Christmas' morning.

"Don't get too happy, buddy." Lindsey pointed out, knowing exactly what she was about to give them.

"Oh, hush you." She rolled her eyes and took out first of the four furry hats she had bought, having owned one just liked that for years now. "This one is for you, Johnny."

"Oh bloody hell... What is this thing?" 

Stevie walked over to him and put it on his head. "I don't know Chris... How on earth could you have let such a cutie go?" Mick burst out laughing, taking one look at his best friend. "I wanted to get you two matching ones, but they didn't have two of the same kind." 

"What is she on, Buck?" Christine asked, although, allowing Stevie to situate the furry thing on her head as well.

"I can't be sure, but let her be. She's been the happiest I've seen her in a while." 

"Aw, it's all thanks to you, honey." Stevie sat down on Lindsey's lap, kissing his lips briefly before giving his piece too.

"And I thought I would be left out of this..."

"Well, you obviously thought wrong." She smiled and kissed him again, before moving onto Mick. "You guys... You're all so adorable!"

"I'm just shocked John hasn't taken his off yet." Mick joked. 

"I'm kind of thinking that if I obey, we'll be over with this sooner." 

"Karen?" Stevie turned to her assistant, having joined in with the furry headwear. "Take a picture!"

"What, no! I did not agree to this! You know this will end up on the internet!" Lindsey tried fighting back this suggestion. 

"So? You know all those teenage girls will be falling head over heels in love with this gorgeous guitar God all over again, when they see how cute he is. I know you love it."

He sighed, irritated. "Fine, like John said, let's just get this over with..." 

The five 'posed' for the camera, while Karen was struggling, trying not to laugh. After all, these were well respected musicians, from one of the most famous rock bands, whose age ranged from 65 to 72. 

"Here, I took about twenty. I'm sure you'll find one you like, Stevie."

"Thanks."

Lindsey was the first one to toss the fur aside, running a hand through his curls, while Christine, took a better look at it. "I don't know about you lot, but I'm keeping it. It's kind of... yeah, it's adorable." 

That put a smile on Stevie's face, at least someone didn't think she was completely mad. Then she looked at Lindsey and mimicked what he said, while she was getting them. "Oh, why are you wasting money? Nobody will like them anyway." 

 Since it was obvious this was yet another Stevie/Lindsey thing, John and Mick joined Christine. "We've just decided we'll be taking them too!"

"HA!" Stevie pointed a finger at Lindsey, who just rolled his eyes and slumped down in his seat.

Everyone else eventually settled down too, Christine wanting to chat with Stevie, asked her friend to join her. "What's your secret, love? Before the break you two couldn't even bare to look at each other."

"Well... we had several huge arguments, like we haven't had in a long time and then... then Lindsey suggested marriage counselling."

"No way! It was his idea?"

"Mhm, I think I finally got through to him that either we do something or really, there's only divorce left. I'm glad we both wanted another shot, I don't think I could survive separating from Lindsey. You know, no matter what, he's still everything to me. My parents are gone, I don't have children, and if I lost Lindsey too? Well, what else is there to live for then?"

"I never believed in those shrinks, that they can actually help. I mean... what, with your experience back in the 80's and all."

"This is a bit different, they try to help you work out the problems between you and your spouse, they're not prescribing you medication. But yeah, those couple of sessions we attended did wonders for us. Actually, probably the very first one did the biggest job. You just... you just really need to talk things out, not keep them to yourself. If something's bothering you, tell him. If you feel you've overreacted, apologize to him. If you want to ask something, ask him. Now I see there is no other way."

"Well, look at you, talking all grown up!" 

"We had to, Chris, we had to grow up. If we hadn't taken that step, I honestly doubt we would be going on vacation all together or even you know... finishing this tour. Back in the 70's it was bad, now? I really don't think we could actually continue on working together."

"To hell with that, how about we move on, huh? You guys are great now and it's all that matters."

"Absolutely." Stevie nodded, smiling as they moved on chatting about a lot easier topics.

When the plane finally landed in Sydney, the band members were all rushed into cars, to take them to the hotel, before they decided what and where they would like to spend the upcoming weeks before the tour started again officially. Karen, as usual, immediately switched off the airplane mode on her phone, instantly receiving a bunch of calls and text messages.

"Hm... Someone really wanted to get in contact with me." She said, once in the car with Stevie and Lindsey.

"Someone?"

"Yes, I don't have this number saved."

Stevie frowned, asking Lindsey to turn off the airplane mode on her phone too, also getting several missed calls. She compared the number on Karen's phone, swallowing uneasily. 

"It's Don."

"You mean..."

"Henley, yeah."