Adopted

CHAPTER 8

I jumped from my bed and ran to the downstairs. Mum was sitting in the table. She was worried about something.

"Jessica are you fine dear? Where are you going now? It's almost seven o'clock." She said glancing at me. I slow down. Her eyes were too tired.

"Mum what is it?" I asked her. I knew something was there she wanted to tell me.

"Honey please don't get upset. I'm... I'm just going to marry tomorrow." I dropped my jaws. "Look I know it'll be a shock to you. But I want to marry him soon."

I couldn't found my voice. I was shocked. She was going to marry tomorrow! How can she do it like that? I haven't seen her with any guy.

"Mum you can't marry tomorrow" I was able to tell it to her. I don't have any obligations about her marrying to a Mr. Unknown person. But tomorrow...She can't marry tomorrow.

"Honey please try to understand. I know it will be hard for you. I want to marry him quickly. Honey I'm pregnant. I'm sorry but I have to marry him. I love him Jessica" She was crying.

She was pregnant and she will marry tomorrow... I was shocked. The way she said it, the way she cried, it was so familiar to me. Suddenly I remembered the woman who cried in my dream asking that old man to marry her.

"Is his name Smith?" I couldn't control my mouth. My eyes were filled with tears. How can I think that it was her? No she was marrying someone else. Same thing can be happened.

"I-" I tried to tell her I'm sorry but she cut me off.

"Yes. But how... how did you know. You don't know him." She looked at me in confuse. This made me to freeze. No this can't be happening. She can't be that woman. My mother... but before I control myself I stepped near to her.

"Does he have a son named William?" I asked her now I'm really losing my control.

"How could you- did that boy told you about me?" she looked scared.

"What boy?" I had no idea who is she talking about. And I didn't want to know any other thing. My mum is a murderer. That can be. My heart is beating so fast. My knees are getting melt.

"The boy who came with you today and yesterday? How could he know me?" Now she was in anger.

Will... what will have to do with this. I was shocked again. Will was William. He was in sad because he lost his mother. He told me it before. And now I did understand everything.

"How could you do such a thing mum? How could you kill someone?" I was shouting and crying so hard.

This must be a nightmare. This can't be happening. I should wake up now. But she came to me and holds me so tide. It was hard to breath when she hold me like that from my neck. This wasn't a dream. Now she is trying to kill me and Will. No...I'm not going to let this happen. I'm not going to let Will die.

"How did you know those things?" Now she was so furious.

"Mum..." I could hardly breathe now. "You're hurting me."

She didn't lose her hand. "You know how much I love him. You have no idea. Do you? Have you even liked a boy? No. you can't understand. You all are fools. But I'm going to marry him somehow."

She was like an evil. I thought that she'll kill me too. But I don't care. I can't let innocent people to die because of my mum. Of course not Will. I won't let them to kill him. I love Will. He is the first boy I felt these kinds of feelings on him.

"What do you think that I'm your real mother." She laughed. What the hell is she talking about? "Your dad was infertile. He was a patient. I didn't know it till I married him. Then he adopts you. But he couldn't live longer. He left us. And I had to feed you. I did everything to you. And now you aren't let me to marry him? How dare you? I'm going to have my own child. I don't want you to cross my path Jessica."

I couldn't imagine. I'm not their daughter. She doesn't need me anymore. This can't be happening. Something must be wrong here. Tears fall from my eyes quickly.

"I met him long ago. And we fall in love. He was my boss. I came here for him and for our child. Not because of you silly girl." She threw me away. She was so powerful. I hit the floor hardly. I was unconscious.