Chapter 4

Dipper's POV

I smiled as we headed to the basement like Ford had asked. I don't know why I was happy to start training, but I was.

"So what are we doing again?" Mabel said.
"Training! We're gonna see what these things," look at Mabel's gem and touches mine. "Can do."

"Oh, okay." She said. She wasn't excited at all which to me was strange, seeing Mabel always happy.

"Dipper I'm glad you and Mabel are here. This is a very important matter. These gems, are powerful and before we can remove them you need to know how to use them." Grunkle Ford smiled welcome them downstairs.

"Okay so any idea on what to do?" I ask.
"Well, no. But I can try having found some things on the universal Internet!" Ford laid his hand on my shoulders. Mabel was looking at herself trying to see if she was orange everywhere or just in one spot.

"Let's get started! Okay so...Mabel?" Ford called and Mabel looked up. "Come here." She walks over reluctantly.

"So I was researching online and-" He stopped short. Mabel was making jazz hands and a bright rainbow spread from one hand to the other.

"What...?" She mumbled not looking at herself.

"Never mind. Mabel just, forget it." He shakes his head and turns to me.

"Dipper, would you like to try?"

"Try what?"

"Summoning a weapon."

"Oh, yeah sure." I nod and look around. "What do I do?" I ask a valid question.

"Well...I'm not sure. Try concentrating." Ford commanded. I obeyed, pulling all my thoughts into doing something with my gem. I raised my blue hands to my forehead there was a flash and suddenly in my hand there was a big, blue, boomerang.

"A boomerang?" Mabel inquired now feeling more perky.

"Yeah I guess." I smile at the weapon and throw it into the air. The boomerang bounced on the wall, cut the cushion of a chair, then broke a glass window and flew back to me.

"AWESOME!" Mabel grinned. "MY TURN!" She laughed and imitated my motions then pulled a huge orange hammer from the gem in her chest.

"Amazing!" She breathed.

"Don't get too used it though..." Ford whispered but I heard him.