Chapter 5

Mabel's POV

After training or whatever Ford wanted us to call it, I ran upstairs and bolted out the door. I was so excited.

"Maybe you aren't such a bad thing after all!" I said speaking to the sunstone in my chest. I giggled.
"To Candy and Grenda's!" I say cheerfully. When I arrive at their house a I ring the doorbell. I hear shuffling footsteps then a door opens.

"Oh hey Mabel-" Grenda started but stopped and just stared.

"Hey Grenda! I came to hang out?" By the time I finished speaking my friend was breathing heavy and ran inside. I hung my head.

"Never mind you're bad..." I whisper again to my gem. I sulked off the porch and started the walk home, kicking rock for effect.

"Maybe you could try finding help in someone else for a change!" A voice cackles. I jerk my head up.

"Wha, what?! Who said that?" I ask to seemingly, the air.

"Shooting Star! Always having her head in the clouds! So sweet really." The voice laughs. I roll my eyes when he said that, it was Bill.

"Correct-a-mundo!" Bill appeared right in front of me. "Looks like not too long from now I'll get to see a falling Star!"

"Leave me alone!" I retort a small tear slid down my cheek.
"Is the sunstone gonna cry? Ha, you're weaker than I thought." He laughed. I stood my ground.

"Listen to me! You...you demon! I have a Weapon!" I yell and summon the hammer from my gem. Bill squints his eye.

"Go ahead Shooting Star! I'm watching!" He chuckled.

"I'm warning you!"

"Try me."

You asked for it!" I ran towards him and slashed the hammer but soon found out of was extremely heavy and powerful. The hammer itself was flinging itself at Bill and I was still holding the handle. When Bill saw that I had no control over it anymore and giggled and started jerking different ways making the hammer jerk around I started to get a head ache.

"Stop!" I yell but he doesn't listen and the hammer starts to float up and swings through the air after Bill.

"No can do Sunstone!" He laughed and phased through a tree.

"Nooooo!!!" I yell but it was too late my hammer flew straight for the tree and the weapon pushed the tree over but made a sharp turn and I got whacked against a different tree, making me drop my hammer and fall to the ground.

"Done with you for now..." Bill cackles and disappears. I groan and my weapon falls down beside me. My head now was throbbing but I stood up and put and orange hand to my forehead and grabbed my hammer. I started to walk home. When I reached the shack I sat down on the sofa and let out a sigh.

"Oh, there you are Mabel! I was wondering if you'd like to take a walk with- whoa, what happened?" Dipper said as he walked down the stairs.

"Bill...and accident with my hammer and Bill... Dipper? Do you ever think Bill is the one that did this to us?" I ask him he sits down on the couch beside me.

"I don't but I certainly have thought about it. Perhaps he is." He answers in thought.

AN: So I think im gonna start doing a countdown thing every chapter saying how many days its been since they've had gems and how many they have left to remove them.