Chapter Three: Memories

Stefan's P.O.V.

I was at the Mystic Grill with Elena, Matt, Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler, and Jeremy when it hit me. Tomorrow was the day that me and Damon died and became vampires. It was also the day when my older sister Isabella Lillian Marie Salvatore died. Yes, we had a sister and both me and Damon loved her.

Her image popped up inside my head. I tried to get rid of them but they just kept popping up. Tears pooled around my eyes as I quickly shut them. I had to get out of here. I didn't want them to see me break down.

Standing up I looked at all of them. "I.... I uh., I have to go. I'll see you guys in the morning." I stuttered and walked out of the Grill. I ditched my car and ran home as tears ran down my face.

I stopped right outside the door and furiously wiped my face. Stop being such a baby, I thought and took a few deep breath's before walking inside. I tried to not think about her but when Damon came into the living room, I broke down.

He looked a lot like Isabella. I fell to my knees as I choked out a sob. "Stefan...Hey...Hey, what's wrong?" Damon asked as he kneeled down next to me. I looked up at him and whispered, "Izzy." Before I looked away.

I felt him stiffen as I said her name. I immediately moved back as I looked at him. "I'm sorry. I know I'm not allowed to say her name but you know how much I miss her. I know you miss her too Damon" I said.

He would usually scream at me whenever I talked about Izzy and it surprised me when he pulled me into a hug. " Shh... I'm not mad. Its OK Stefan. Just let it out brother. I got ya." He replied.

I buried my face in his shirt and cried. I promised myself quietly that this would be the last time crying over Izzy. I would move on. I'm freaking 17 for crying out loud and I am crying like a baby.

My cries soften and I pulled away somewhat embarrassed and wiped my face off. "When's the last time you got sleep?" He asked me worriedly. "I don't remember." I answered truthfully.

It was the truth. I was tired, more tired than usual and I bet the lack of sleep is causing my emotions to go out of control. "I want you to go get a couple hours of sleep." He said standing up.

I shook my head and replied, "I have to go guard Elena. Klaus is still out there." Damon grabbed my shoulder and looked at me. "I'll handle it Stefan. You look like you could drop dead. I promise I won't do anything. Just go get some sleep. I'll have Elena call you." He said.

I thought it over and sighed, nodding my head. "Alright, but if you hurt her Damon..." "You'll kill me... I know. Get some sleep baby brother." He said smiling softly at me. I smiled back and chuckled before running up to my room. I changed into some more comfortable clothes and laid down. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.