Chapter Seven: Siblings

Damon's POV

I couldn't wipe my smile from my face as I looked over at Izzy. I couldn't believe she was really hear. I haven't seen her in 164 years and I missed her like crazy. Her raven black hair and her icy blue eyes with hints of green in them, her soft angelic face that made anyone and everyone fall in love with her. Her smile could warm everyone's heart. She truly was the best sister a guy could ask for.

Stefan was also the best. He was so kind and caring when he wanted to be. I suddenly felt guilty for all the bad things I've done to him and to everyone else her in Mystic Falls. I frowned slightly as I saw dark circles under his eyes and the sags of his shoulders. I didn't notice it before because I was to busy about making his life miserable because he was the one who forced me to transition into a vampire but i instantly regretted it. Because if he didn't then I would never see Bella again.

Pulling away, I walked over to Stefan and pulled him to a hug. He seemed hesitant which caused me to choke back a sob. I really hurt him. A small cry escaped, my lips as i felt him wrap his arms around me. I felt him bury his head in the crook of my neck as he quietly cried. I ran my hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry Stefan. God everything I put you through. I'm sorry brother." I said. I felt him relax and smiled.

I kissed the top of his head and pulled away. "Never again." I promised him. He smiled up at me and it reminded me of how he always looked up like that when he was little. Like I was the best person in the world.

I heard Izzy yawn and looked over at her to see her grinning at the both of us. "Bedtime for the little ones" I said playfully, earning a glare from Izzy. "Im not that little anymore Damon. I'm 183 years old." She said back though i could tell she was joking. I shooed tjem upstairs and watched as Izzy changed into her night cloths as well as Stefan before they entered my room. I smiled as I watched them crawl into bed.

Bella shooed Stefan into bed first, before climbing in after him. Damon crawled in on the other side of Stefan, and the us three were quiet for a while.It didn't surprise me when Bella, and Stefan were asleep within minutes, or when Bella reached over in her sleep, and rested her head on my chest. Stefan lay curled into me, with his head rested on his older sisters shoulder. I realized that we had not slept like this since they were kids but I knew we needed this. We needed to feel the comfort of each other and I savored the comfort of having my family surround me.