14•

"Brook.", someone whispered.

I didn't feel like waking up at the moment. It was Friday and there was no math today so, why even go?

"Brook."

There is was again.

"Brook, it's mum. You have to go to school."  She whispered. I yawned. But then I froze, I peeked over at my shoulder and found Kelsey. She was sleeping next to me. Her head on my chest, a little snore snuck out once in a while.

"You two seem happy together.", mum whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"Go away mum. Leave us alone.", I mumbled. "You have to go to school." "How about Kelsey?", I asked.

"I don't think it's a good day for her to go to school. And besides, no math today right?", she asked.

I sighed. "Can I stay and take care of her? Please?!", I whined. My mum smiled sweetly and nodded. "Sure, it's very sweet how you care for her so much."

I laid back on the cushion of the couch. Last night made it to cold to even sleep. But Kelsey beside me helped a little.

I had to get up, the toilet is calling for me. But I didn't want to wake Kelsey.

I slowly lifted her head and set it aside. The I got up and tip toed to the toilet. When I got back, Kelsey had taken all the couch space.

"Idiot.", I murmured with a smile.

I picked her up bridal style and I plopped on the couch. She fell on top of my lap. Luckily, she never woke up. I thought to soon.

"Brooklyn.", she whispered.

"Yes Kelsey?" "Where am I?", she asked. I chuckled. "You're at my house."

She smiled but never opened her eyes. "Thank you.", she whispered.

"For what?", I asked.

"For being there. I know why you were mad."

Oh shit, she knows. The entire secret is out. How is this gonna turn out?

"Um...why?", I asked. She finally opened her eyes. She sat up. She was sitting on my lap, Kelsey faced me.

"Let it wait a while.", she whispered.

I sighed in relief. My heart Beated fast.

"So are we going to school today?", she asked rolling off of the couch and sitting back in it.

"Nope! Today we should go do something!", I shouted happily.

She scooted closer. "Like what?" I bit my lip. I neared my face on hers. "I wanna help you gain confidence again."

She raised an eyebrow. "Is this about football or math?", she asked. "Football, today's a math free day!"

She smiled and got up from the couch.

"Kelsey! Kelsey!", Cruz shouted running to her. He wrapped his arms around her. "Are you ok?", he asked.

She laughed. "I'm ok Cruz. Thank you for coming to ask.", she said. Cruz smiled. "Did Brooklyn help you?"

She looked back at me. "He sure did!"

"Awwwwww. You two should date.", he teased and ran away. Kelsey began to laugh a lot. "Little nerd.", I mumbled.

Cruz was always like this. He would first act super sweet then, he would start to at stuff just to annoy me. But I know he's my little brother and I have to respect him. But I'm his older brother so he has to show more respect towards me.