27•

~Brooklyn POV~

I let Kelsey spend as much time with me as she could. I've been trying my hardest to not leave, it's worthless. We are barely on week one, let's hope by week four everything is good.

"Mum, who is your boss?", I asked. "That's such a foolish question Brooklyn! I am the designer so I am my own boss!", she laughed.

I sat down at the kitchen counter while mum was making cookies. Harper sat on the top counter eating the first batch of Christmas cookies.

"Why do we have to leave so near to Christmas?", I asked.

Mum set down a plate with cookies. "It's what just came up. My clothing would be sold there for much more money."

"Why can't we just send your clothing over there and have someone else take care of it?"

"Brooklyn sweetie please stop asking so many questions. What is done is done. There is no going back."

I sighed and leaned my head on the counter. "I know this is hard for you. But you'll find other nice gir-"

"No! I don't want another girl! I want Kelsey and only Kelsey!", I shouted. Harper froze and dropped her cookie on the floor.

"I-I'm sorry mum.", I whispered. She smiled a watery smile. "It's alright Brooklyn, I understand what you're going through."

There was a knock on the door that made me get up and open it. At my doorstep stood Kelsey in her practice uniform.

"Aren't you ready to go to practice?", she asked. I looked down at my clothes. Sweats, a Nike tshirt, and mocassins. "Sorry I'm not ready."

She came and followed me up to her room. "Why are you here so early?", I asked.

"Well I like to show up early to start up on my warm ups. You and I can play together for a bit."

~Kelsey POV~

I sat at Brooklyns bed on my phone while he changed. I looked over at him and saw him slide off his shirt and put on a Nike running jersey. He looked back at me.

"Close your eyes! And no peeking!", he whined. I giggled and turned around while he changed into jogging shorts.

When he was ready, we raced to the Arsenal training field.

~~~~

I set my bag down at the players bench and and sat down. My feet slipped into my gold Nike boots.

Brooklyn was already on the field juggling a football. I ran up to him and kicked it from his grip. I ran all the way to the other side of the field. Brooklyn ran after me, I dodged him and ran to the other side of the field. Brooklyn kept chasing and chasing me, I always ran away from him with the ball.

Finally, he plopped himself onto the ground. I picked up the ball and jogged over to him.

"Aha! I beat you!", I shouted laughing. Brooklyn picked at the grass. "Kelsey, you already know you're better at football than me.", he mumbled.

I giggled and sat beside him.

"I don't want these weeks to go by.", I whispered. Brooklyn laid his hand over mine. "I'm trying my best."

"I'll help you to not leave.", I said. "How?", he asked. "Keep asking your mum questions, maybe we can get an answer on how to stop all this moving stuff."

"She's her own boss, there's no way she would change her mind."

I leaned my head against his arm. "We could convince her.", I whispered.

"Kelsey!", one of my teammates shouted as she skipped up the stairs onto the training field.

Brooklyn and I turned around and behind her was everyone else waving at us. Brooklyn stood up and began to walk to the coaches chairs.

I stood up and grabbed his hand pulling him into me. He gave me a quick peck on my lips and said,"Have fun. I'll be sitting over there."

I smiled back at him and ran off with my team.

~~~~

Brooklyn opened the door of his house and walked in, I followed.

I threw my football bag on the ground next to the shoes.

"Hello!", David shouted out loud. "Geese dad you're sitting right in front of us don't scream.", Brooklyn whined. David smiled and looked at me.

"You guys can't leave!", I shouted.

Brooklyn pulled me into him.

"Kelsey...none of us want to leave. But we have no choice.", he said. "Mum can't do this dad, is there another way?", Brooklyn asked.

David's head moved down but his eyes stayed on us.

"You know something!", Brooklyn shouted.

David stood up quickly. "Fine fine, your mum is being threatened."

Brooklyn stood up too. "Then why didn't you defend her! Who is threatening her!"

"It's someone we know Brooklyn! I couldn't do such a thing! Just go with it, it's the only way to keep our family safe!", David shouted.

I stood up and held onto Brooklyns sleeve.

"Tell me dad.", he spit out. "Brooklyn don't do anythi-"

"TELL ME! I already have enough Pressure on me cause of you guys being famous! I can't take that being famous ruins everything in our lives! Dad, you have children. What do you think we want? Just tell me now!", Brooklyn shouted.

David pressed his lips together and looked up at the ceiling. "The Hancer family."

"You mean...Flora's family?", Brooklyn asked.

I felt anger race through me. Flora said she would be back, now her family helped her.

"Thanks dad.", Brooklyn murmured. He turned around and began pushing me out the door.

"Brooklyn...", I said. He speeded pass me and began walking down the driveway.

I ran after him till I was next to him.

"We have to do something.", he said.

"Well of course we are doing something! Even if we go through hard things." Brooklyn stopped and looked at me. "I'll do it Kelsey, I got us into this with Flora and all. I'm getting us out of it."

"But what did Flora's family tell your mum?", I asked. Brooklyn bit his lip. "I guess we'll go and find out."

Hey guys!!!
I finally finished my math tests today:)))))so my chapters will officially be longer and much more interesting. After next week, I will be updating much more cause next Thursday is my last day before winter break!!!!aha

~Kassie