16•

I stared into Brooklyn's eyes. His eyes were glued to my lips as if he were wanting to kiss me again.

"I like you Kelsey.", he whispered. I giggled. "Yeah, I kinda had the idea."

He smiled.

I bit my lip. "I like you too Brooklyn." His smile got even bigger wider.

"But, do you think this would interfere with our friendship?" I asked him. He scratched the back of his neck. "I don't know. Do you think that?", he asked.
"Yeah.", I whispered.

"Kelsey!", Ysabella shouted from downstairs.

Brooklyn flinched. "I'm gonna go. I'll text you later.", he said as he began to jog down the stairs.

~~~~

~Brooklyn POV~

I walked into my house looking flushed. How could she think is being together would interfere with our friendship? I think it would make us closer and help us be better friends!

"Brooklyn!", Harper greeted me as I walked into my home. I picked her up and gave her kiss on the cheek. "Hello little princess.", I said.

She twirled her hair. "We're you with Kel-sey?", she asked happily. I nodded a smile. "Yes I was with Kelsey."

She wrapped her arms around my neck. "Yay!", she shouted. I set her down and found my dad standing in front of me.

"Hello dad.", I said awkwardly. He gave me a smirk. "Shut up!", I shouted. He shrugged. "Brook! I never even said anything!"

I was halfway up the stairs and said,"But you gave me the face!"

"Young man! You come back down here and tell me where you were!", he shouted. I sighed and ran down stairs.

"Ok dad. I was with Kelsey."

"Did anything happen?", he asked. "Her dad was there, he was being mean, he ran out, I kissed her, blah blah blah. End of story."

"Wait what? You kissed her?", he asked happily.

"Yes.", I mumbled. He grabbed my arm and jumped up and down. "That's fabulous Brooklyn!" He shouted.

"Yeah but she thinks it'll get into the way. I can tell she just cares about passing math.", I whispered. "Aw Buster, don't think that. Maybe she's just not ready that's all."

There was a loud knock on the door. I opened it and found Kelsey standing there.

"Brooklyn, why did you leave so quickly?", she asked. She walked past me and closed the door. "Why did you come here?", I asked.

"First, I want to know why you left!", she asked again.

I looked over where my dad was but he was long gone. Thanks so much dad, greatest dad in the world.

I grabbed her hand. "Listen Kelsey-" "Is this about us being together? I'm sorry Brooklyn-I like you too but I don't think we're ready to be together.", she whispered.

I pulled her closer to me. "Why don't you? I don't like you Kelsey, I love you. I've been trying so hard to help you with everything. I might've liked Flora but, I'm back to you!"

She looked down. I lifted her chin up. "Please, give us a chance.", I whispered a plead. She bit her lip. "I don't know."

"Come on. I need you more than you probably need me. You showed me more things that helped me be a better person.", I whispered.

She sighed and smiled. Then, I felt her hands grab the part of my shirt on my best and pull me to her where our lips touched.

I put my hands on her shoulders and hugged her. "I can't say no to that. And you helped me with most of stuff too.", she said.

I smiled. "Little did I know I was gonna fall in love this hard."

Hey guys!
Sorry for such a short chapter. I've been busy with school and my other book that I just finished! Woaaaahhhh:) either way, tomorrow I will update with a longer chapter sometime at night.

~Kassie