Chapter 17: I Really Don't Care

Lauren's POV

I walk home and run up into my room and change into a white tank top with yellow popsicles, high waisted denim shorts, and black Converse then blast, Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus on my pink Beat pill speakers and change my What's Up status to,'I do not care...' and then I call Max and speak,"Hey Max come to Disneyland?" He says yes and I smirk, if Maddie doesn't have time for me, I don't have time for her.

-Timeskip to Disneyland-

Lauren's POV

I enter the bus to get to Disneyland and as I get off the bus I sit on a bench scrolling through my Twitter feed, waiting for Max.

-At Maddie's date-

Maddie's POV

"This place is so beautiful" I say to Eldon.

Eldon's POV

I smile at Maddie and say,"Not as beautiful as you" I say to her sweetly.

Maddie's POV

I blush and decide to call Lauren,"One second." I say to Eldon and I walk to a corner and call Lauren and she doesn't answer, voicemail so I say,"Hey Lauren talk to me later." But she never did. I decide to ask Eldon if we can go eat something because I'm starving! Eldon says yes so we go to the food court. On the outside I may seem cool but when it comes to food no way! "Let's go to KFC!" I exclaim even though I had it for lunch. Since I'm more hungry than usual I get 2 boss burgers and 2 large fries. Eldon gets a zinger burger and regular fries. "Wow" I say "How can you eat so little!" Eldon shrugs. "I don't know ." He says. " This is actually a lot of food for me "Your joking right" I say concerned "Nope" he replied.

Eldon's POV

I take a deep breath and open my mouth and I say "Maddie, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time." she raises an eyebrow. I continue, "I like you"

Maddie's POV

My eyes widen. I can't be awake if the guy I like likes me back! "Can you excuse me for one moment please!" I say "Umm sure ya" Eldon replies.
Then I run into the bathroom and text Ariana

Maddie: Hey Really Big News!!!

Ariana: what❗️❗️❗️❓❓❓❕❕❕❔❔❔

Maddie: So you know that guy Eldon that I really like!!!!

Ariana: yah?

Maddie: He just admitted that he likes me!!!

Ariana: awesome!!! You have to call Lauren like right now!!!

Maddie: ya gtg

I call Lauren and she doesn't pick up I try again and again it just takes me to voicemail. I sit down and cry my eyes get really red but I don't care I just cry and cry. Because Lauren always has her phone and I must have really hurt her if she isn't picking up.

Eldon's POV

When Maddie has been gone for long I really start to worry I walk to the girl's bathroom I knock on the door. I hear Maddie crying. "Maddie," I say worried "Are you okay?"
I felt really awkward talking to a door but she seems really sad so I continued, " Is there anything I can do to help?"

Maddie's POV

"No, not really, I think I'll just go home now" I say coming out of the bathroom and runnng home, disappearing into the shadow of the hallway.