Chapter 7

Finn's POV

"Whatever".

That was my last word to Niko before leaving him dumbfounded. I didn't even bother to excuse myself. I know, Im being rude back there.. but I just can't help it. I dont want to tell him or them that even me don't know anything about her.

I ended up being clueless or even stupid, that's why I hate myself for knowing nothing at all.

The party isn't over yet or its going to be anytime soon as for the people lessen to atleast 15 or so.. I made my way to the stairs, all I want right now is to feel the comfort of my bed.

I look over to survey the aftermath of the party. One word to describe it, a MESS..but that can be taken care of later. My eyes caught the attention of a certain girl, the girl in black who reminds me of Jenna. She seems looking for someone, with a worried expression on her face.

I found myself going after her. She didn't noticed me until I said my word.

"Hey, are you looking for someone?".

That's when she turned around startled with my question," Y-yeah, Im looking for my cousin, Kevin. You know him right?"

"He's my team mate, and If Im not mistaken he's in the living room, passed out on the couch".

"What? I told him not to drink too much so we can go home as early as possible, his mom will probably be worried by now. I don't even want to be here..but he insisted that it will help me move on from my stupid good for nothing boyfriend...I mean EX boyfriend---".

I saw her chinky eyes widen in shock as she realized her unexpected outburst. She covered her mouth and then her face to hide the embarrasment..

"Hey, it's okay. I will just pretend I didn't hear anything from what you said. If it will help you feel any better, I will get you some drink..or coffee maybe?", asking her as I smile.

When she nodded, I prepare both our coffee and settle in the dinning room.

My mind was asking myself..when did I started being a gentleman? having concern with anybody's feeling? Yeah..its when Im with Jenna. maybe I miss her---??

"Im sorry about that.. I didn't really mean to act as tackless as I am. It just a slip of the tongue"..she snapped me out from my thoughts ..."but I guess its just so comfortable to have someone to talk to aside from my cousin. Actually Kevin is my confidant, he's not just a cousin but a trusted friend too.."

Usually when girls babbling unnecessarily, I dont find myself listening to their every word. But this girl here, I dont know but she made me listen to her. Maybe because I saw Jenna in her, they are so alike..thats why I find myself interested to her but it doesn't mean that I like her so. Im just comfortable with her, even made me forgot the comfort of my own bed.

I smiled when she continue talking about Kevin, that they are like bestfriends. Even though, that Kevin is a guy they understand each other much more like any girl cousins she has.

I don't imagine myself having one of my cousin as a bestfriend, or just any other girl to be a bestfriend. How weird is that anyway? If I will have one, I just can't let her know my secrets or anything for that matter. How about my love life if I will have anytime soon, don't tell me I will confide her everything about it? Oohh a no... no way...

And here we go again with the love life part. I think of it as often as I should be. What am I? Desperate enough to have one? Tsk!

"When Kevin knew about my boyfriend's stupid stunt, too protective for his own good he beat the hell out of him".

"Lucky for you, you have a protector"

"I am", as she give away her sweetest smile or so I thought. .." but he is lucky to have me as well, just like right now. If I dont love him, I will leave him just right here",as she half smile.

"I guess you're here not for Kevin but for yourself. You just want to move on from your break-up".

I saw the smile turned into a serious one..

"Maybe yes, not just by moving on but moving forward. I want to forget him and this feeling. Its hard specially right now I still love him despite what he did..but atleast I know everything will be worth it..," she paused and ask.."Do you mind me asking question?"

I look at her, all I see is her serious face. I don't know what will she going to ask but it made me conscious about myself. What if he will going to ask about me or my reputation? What if she will ask about my family or if I have a girlfriend or just any other question that I don't want to answer.. okay...okay..too much thinking but it made me.. tense..? What the---??!

"I just want to ask your name.", she said defensively when I did not say a word.

"That's just it?"

When she nod her head I sigh with relief.

"Finn here..and you are??"

"Keira. There... at least we know each other's name. Its more comfortable, you know, when you know someone you are talking to."

"Well, thats too late now since you feel comfortable enough talking to me a while ago."

"Yeah...what a shame! But it didn't bother you right? I mean is it okay to consider me a friend?"

"Im not sure about that, I dont usually befriend girls". I just bed them, but I didn't voice out the last part.

"Well, its not too late to do so.. have one right now.. You can practically start it with me".

And, how can I refuse to that? She's smiling at me as if she's starting to consider me as a friend..Im afraid I have to say yes.

"As much as I wanted to decline the offer but I guess who am I to refuse a friend as beautiful as you?"

I saw her blush when I wink at her.. she's cute though, but again I realized I don't like her enough just as I like Jenna. Keira is now a friend and Jenna is something else.. and that something else might be considered special just as she is.

I smile to my own thoughts.