Chapter 9

Jenna's POV

"He's so cute."

"And handsome too. But he has a girlfriend. Can't you see? They look perfect for each other."

"A couple?? Hmmm.. I don't think so. They don't act like one. Maybe just friends."

I heard my classmates gossiping about some couple. But I didn't bother to look at them nor to the couple they are talking about. I just continue scanning the view we are stopping by. The big mountains and perfectly shape volcano in a distance fascinates me in awe. The rare flowers and plants that catches my attention are too comforting to behold. And, so with the wild animals that were caged nearby are quite a sight-seeing.

We are now on a field trip, as  business-course students we are required to attend one. Actually, I dont really care if its a requirement or not. Im just bored with my life now so I just try to consider this trip. I dont know if its the right decision to make, but enjoying this trip proves me it was.

"Awww  I told you, she is the girlfriend."

I look at the couple my classmates are talking about. I don't know why all of a sudden they interest me. The guy wearing a black polo shirt and six pocket pants is very familiar specially the way he carry himself with so much confidence, yet I can't recall where or when did I met him. Their conversations are still heard even 5 meters or so away from where I am standing.

"Yeah, Im her boyfriend and you're the ex-boyfriend if Im not mistaken?. The good for nothing one."

"Come on babe..lets not waste our time with some stupid jerk who got no balls."

What quite amusing that keeps me staring at them before they leave is not the way they laugh but because I finally knew who the familiar guy is. The hot shot from months ago.

I scan his number from my phone. Its still there. Why didn't I bother calling him then? Maybe because my consciousness knew all along that he already had a girlfriend. And with that Im thankful I didn't.

I keep staring at his number whether to decide if I will just delete it or not. But the latter wins when I find myself erasing his number from my contacts.

Maybe they are on this trip too. I didn't knew back then, he is taking up a business-course. Well, we didn't even share so much of ourselves aside from the.......yeah that! And I dont want to remember that again.

This trip will takes more or less 5 days top depends if there will be extensions to add..so most probably there will be more chances of me meeting him again. I released a heavy sigh. If that will happen, it will just makes things worst considering he has a girlfriend and I have been his one night stand.

_______

Early that night, we settle in the lodging inns that the school rented for us to stay. Actually I rather prefer to call it such like vacation houses, because its more of it as its facing the sea. And I guess there's more of the view until exploring it myself tomorrow. Maybe I will appreciate more of it in the daylight compared right now which all I can see are just post lights and lanterns.

Having a tiring day, I thought everyone will just rest and sleep. Well, thats just me lying in my bed with my music on. The rest are having a good time outside, which I can clearly hear them, singing and chatting so out loud.

As of the moment, Im not in my best mood to join them. Actually, Im thinking about Julie right now, she will be one of this trip too. But, unfortunately after knowing Im on this trip, she tranferred herself to the next batch that will be scheduled next week.

As they always say "Time heals all wounds". But seeing her everyday still in pain, I dont want to believe that saying anymore. I know she's still hurt with the break up and of course she's blaming me for that.

The right thing is still the right thing, right? No matter, I turned out to be the bad guy, in this case.. that is the right thing to do. And, I didn't regret doing the right thing, specially when Im just saving my sister from the wrong guy.

Thinking much of my sister made me feel so sad again. That's why I consider this trip to forget everything that involves with my family. I don't want to stress myself again thinking how worst my life had become.

I force myself to get up and with a heavy heart I walk outside. Maybe enjoying myself out there is enough to cheer me up.

I can see they are setting a bonfire at the sea shore. Students are gathering around it, some are strumming their guitars and there are also singing with an up to date song.

Its so good to see everybody is enjoying and making friends with the other school. Me being the not so friendly type of an individual choose myself not to join them. My feet bring me to the sea. I find myself playing with the waves and let it run after me. It feels good, I am enjoying it. It calms me and help me forget everything else.

I wonder my eyes around. If someone will notice what Im doing, they will probably think Im out of my mind. Running around the sea and laughing all by myself in the middle of the night specially when you are alone is not the usual thing to do as a normal person. But who cares? Absolutely not me. I grin to myself.

My eyes stop roaming around when my attention caught the two people sitting on the sand away from the others. I guess they are having some privacy talk. Seeing them talking seriously is not my business to mind. So I ignore them and continue what Im doing.

The soothing coolness of the salt water and the warm breeze let me feel the freedom rushing through me. I want to live just as what I feel right now..

Free....as a bird..