Chapter 11

Jenna's POV

Walk. Run. Walk.
The whole time on my way to my room, that's all I did. I am panting hard as I reached inside. I'm trying to steady my breath as leaning on the door. What just the hell happened? It was just a meet up for heaven's sake. I really don't know why I acted nervous infront of them, I just hope they didn't notice it. And, why he's showing his frustration over me when I greeted him? Should he be happy I didn't mention we had a thing more than just an acquaintance? Much more specially infront of his girlfriend? He should be thankful or relieve atleast.

To my surprised his so called girlfriend knew me. And why was that anyway? He told her about us? Wait...wait.. there's no "us"...what I mean is he probably told her what happened between us. And so his girlfriend was okay with it? She might be the most understanding girlfriend ever if that is so..

If Im the girlfriend, Im not comfortable mingling with any of my boyfriend's past flings. Thats awkward..right? Well, that is IF I am his girlfriend, but I am not so my opinion will never matter anyway.

...but you still wish to be his girlfriend?, as my mind ask so.

Hell no! I would rather not. Im not into commitments and so is he.

...thus it sounds like you're perfect for each other? Sharing the same views in life and love? Such as destiny?

Destiny? I dont even know if it exists. If it does, then why would I wish to be his girlfriend? He already had one or probably more who knows..

...and how about if he doesn't have a girlfriend? Will you consider yourself to be?

YES!! I mean I dont know. Maybe. Wait..what??? NO! No way...

And why I am debating with myself? Am I out of my mind?

I sigh and walk to the bathroom.

After taking a bath and change my clothes I then prepare myself to sleep. As of tonight it's the most logical thing to do rather than running around the beach or debating with oneself.

________

Finn. Now I can remember his name. And, I don't understand why every now and then I keep thinking of him since the other night, when I met him...again. I shouldn't be, right? The fact that he has a girlfriend forbids me to do such thing.. And, speaking of the girlfriend, she is now walking towards me.

Im inside the souveneir's shop. Its our free day and I just feel roaming around the resort. I saw Keira, if Im not mistaken with the name, smiling at me as she's approaching to the counter where I line up.

"Buying some stuffs?"

"Yeah. Just looking for any give aways", I gave her that same smile she is giving me.

"Alone?"

"Well yes, Just as you I guess?", asking her curiously, looking behind her.

"You mean Finn?", when she saw me nod, with a pouty lips she continue "...he's busy finishing his report. That's why he's not here with me."

"Thats good!", at least for me, I will not suffer the consequence of seeing him again., I told myself.

.....consequence of a forbiden love?

Love what? Whatever.. Here we go again with one on one debate with myself..tsk!

"Excuse me??"

I snapped from my thoughts and look at Keira quesionably.

"Ahmmm what I mean is...good for him. He will be able to do his report, yeah that..well, as for me Im not still working on it just yet", I tried to cover my expression with a smile..

"Yeah..I see..so do you have plans after here? Its a rest day. Want to roam around? We can-----"

"------I really want to. But as you can see, Im not comfortable with the idea you and me are hanging out. So I guess, I'll pass". Straight to the point? Well, thats me.

Raising her eyebrow at me she asked,
"Wait...I dont get the part of 'you and me hanging out'? What do you mean by that?."

"Well, let's face it.. you're Finn's girlfriend and Im his......"
I pause to think for the perfect word. Yeah what am I to him anyway? A fling? A one night stand?
"Well never mind, I just find it awkward. You know you and me?..we'll never get along or whatsoever, real talk.  So that's it, I just don't want to hang out with you so..I guess we better stay away from each other? !!!!And..and, one more thing, I don't want to involve myself with your relationship with Finn. I dont want it to be an issue.. You know about our past...I mean the past."

I turned to Keira as I heard her laugh, she is laughing out loud as in that kind of laugh you just cant help but notice. I creased my forehead in confusion. She's laughing at me because I don't know what I am to Finn? That I assumed I've been a big part of his life? Am I that assuming for her to laugh at me?

With an annoyed expression I asked.
"Hey...Did you just laughed at me? And why are you laughing at me anyway?".

The laugh turned to a small smile. Her smile made her even prettier that I envy her more or lets say insecure?.

"You know what Jenna, I like you. Actually I can see myself in you. The bubbling and all? That's what Finn likes and hates about me at the same time. And, Im wondering maybe that's what he liked about you too.."

"I don't really know what are you talking about. Can you just spare me? Its now my turn to pay".

"Okay, go ahead. I'l wait for you outside. Let's have a coffee date".

Before I utter a word. She shut me up by raising her hand in the air.

"....And, for the record..I dont take NO for an answer." She smile and tap my shoulder. " I'l wait for you outside."

She wink at me and then walk herself out.

What the hell?