Chapter 5

Finn's POV

..The team is ready.. where are you?..

It's Niko's message, one of my team mate. We will have our Dota Tournament today. As you can see Im a Dota gamer, and not just the usual player..Im the team's asset.

..Im on my way..  I texted back.

I don't find my life as a boring one. In fact, I am enjoying every perks of being an apple of everyone's eye. I have my friends, my team mates and of course my share of girls. And family?? No ohh.. I dont have one.. well, that is as far as Im concern. Okay! I admit that I have a mother, my only family to consider. But, we are countries and countries away. She supports me financially thats why Im living a comfortable life, but thats just it. Her responsibility as a mother ends there. She never had the chance to personally take good care of me, and that was her choice not mine.

When she decided to leave me at the age of 10, my grand mother took all the responsibilites..  My grandma died  when I reached 14..unfortunately since then, I live on my own. My mother didn't bother to go home, insisting she's working abroad just for my future. Well, Im not convinced, I still prefer it the other way around. I will still have my future though, if she's with me..right?

Everyone might ask if its my reason thats why I ended up being the easy go lucky and rebellious one. Dropping school and taking it up again and again even at my age of 25. And, right now is my lasy year in my business course.. but well, partly yes..its one reason but mostly, all I choose myself to become is my own choice. And, I liked where I am. ( liked-past tense )

Because I dont know anymore..it made me confused.. And thats just recently, I keep asking myself if I am still happy with my life or even asked if I've been really happy about it.

Weeks ago, I met this certain girl. It was then that I started confusing thoughts about life. Actually there's no extraordinary about the girl.. well, aside from making me smile. Then, I realized I've never been disturbed before with my thoughts or feelings, usually I have every control over them.

I busied myself to keep my thoughts away from her. Back to my usual happy go lucky self before I met her. When I say my usual self, it means.. girls, computer games, hanging out with friends, drinking sessions..and so on..

I snap myself out, away from my thoughts..

Focus!! you are driving.. I told myself.

Im driving my way to our rendezvous, where the tournament will takes place.

I've got one message before I parked my car.

..dude..hurry yourself over here.. the team are complete and so are the opponents.. you're the only one we're waiting for before it starts..

I didn't bother to reply. I just head my way to go inside.

I manage to survey the area where in a minute the game will about to begin. People are busy talking, and even shouting. The players as well as the supporters are on their seats waiting for a go signal. Pretty girls are everywhere, but that is my least concern as of the moment.

I can sense the crowd's excitement, specially my team members when they finally spotted me. Everyone shouts in glee and motion me to take a seat.

And, in no time the tournament has started.

The room filled with laughing, shouting and trash talking in the middle of the game. My teams
heads up leaving the opponent behind. The opponent's base is about to destroy.

We are confident we will win today, as we always would..

"You can do it hot shot!! For the win!!"

A girl shouted behind my back which makes me turn around. I wonder my eyes to look for that certain girl, and to my disappointment she is not someone I expected it to be.

"Finn, are you with us? You are running out of life dude, stay focus!!"

I heard Mark's voice, my team member.

"Sh*t!!..", I just realized what he said.

Really?? I space out during the game? Me?? Of all people!! Im not the Ultimate Dota Warrior for nothing!! Sh*t!!

Im running out of life huh?? Seriously??  Its my first.. if we ever lose this game, it will be our first too, and that will be possible any minute because of my stupidity. What a shame!! Yeahh...Im stupid and I get it!!! Tsk!

I turn my focus on the game, I dont want to break our record, we are the Champion and we will always be!

Well, this is just something that I cannot handle though. I just need to go back to the base and heal myself to earn another set of lives..

When  I heard cheers coming from the crowd an hour later.. it is then that I realize that the opponent's base is totally destroyed. We won! Well, as what I've said Im the team's asset.. and, that is what a true champion is all about..once a winner will always be a winner!!

I can't help but yell a happy shout as everyone is.. Our team members patted each other's back for the job well done.
___

And, celebrating a victory is all about a party right?! It surely is, as we are  having one now.. The night is young yet my house is now crowded with people, my team, supporters, fangirls and so are the opponents..

"Dude I found you zoned out while on the game, I really thought we might lose just because of that. I hardly see you losing focus much more during our games."

It's Mark. He's not just talking to me, but talking about me as well. Crap! What excuse should I say?

"Yeah dude what just happened out there? Spacing out? It is so very unlikely of you."

I turn to look at Dan, who asked the question. I dont even have the answer when I asked the same question to myself a while ago. Or should I say, I knew it all along I just afraid to admit it to myself..that the answer will just leads me down to a girl. I sigh in annoyance.

I dont know where should I start explaining..wait what?? I dont need to explain anything. I am Finn Diel Furtoso and no one on Earth will ever demand me to answer a stupid question! Yeahh...yeahh I get it I am exaggerating things, I know right? They are just concern, specially it was a championship.. and even if its not..still they will be.. As a die hard gamer, every game is considered important and valued.

"Well, why not? There's always a first time in everything.. its my first zoning out so lets leave it that way.. no questions ask.." I finally found my voice....and an answer of course.. good thing though!

They look at each other confuse as if they are not convince.

"Woah! I will never let this pass! Finn Diel Furtoso is zoning out?? It is a million dollar question dude..it is a big deal..specially the reason behind it is probably a certain girl..right guys??"

And everybody is shouting 'YEAH' agreeing to what Niko said, or assume??

As much as I would like to say he' s just assuming everything, but I know it too well he is right, he hits me just right!

When they didn't get an answer from me, they head out to the living room one by one leaving me alone in my mini bar. But before that.. they made it sure they will find out who the girl is.