Chapter 11

Eli sat on the concrete steps behind his school with a smile on his lips and the smell of cigarettes on his breath. His boyfriend had snuggled himself against him and was rambling on about how smoking was bad, but he had taking a drag or two himself. His guilty conscience had taken over. Eli had no problem hearing Vinny talk even if he talked a lot, Vinny could talk all day and Eli would listen and to every word. Aside from Vinny himself, Vinny's voice was the single most beautiful thing to Eli.

"Are you even listening to me?" Vinny asked sitting up to face Eli.

"Nope."

It was one if those cold, post heavy snow October days where people like to stay inside next to a warm fire.

"Well anyway, I was just saying that you shouldn't smoke so much because its bad for you and I don't want you to get lung cancer or something. " Vinny kisses Eli's cheek

"I don't smoke that much, don't worry about me." Eli takes another slow drag and Vinny makes a weird squealing sound and he knocks the cigarette out of Eli's hand and into the snow.He exhales all of the smoke into Vinny face.

"You're so annoying ." Vinny coughs. "Jerk."

Vinny stands up and continues to have a coughing fit.

"Are you alright?" Eli apologizes and tries to pat Vinny's back and hold him but Vinny pushes him away and coughs harder. "I'm sorry " Eli sits back down.

When he finally stops coughing he walks up in front of Eli and hits him on his head."Did you know I have asthma?"

"No." Eli mumbled feeling more bad than he did a few seconds ago.

"Well now you know. You could've killed me!" Vinny exclaimed letting Eli think he was angry. A small smile creeped on his face and he tried not to laugh.

"I'm sorry." Eli apologized again in the verge of tears." I didn't know."

Vinny sighs and kneels down next to him and tilts Eli's head up and smiles "Kidding."

"Not funny." Eli pushes Vinny away gently and Vinny stumbles a bit before falling ass first in the snow. Vinny pouts deeply and Eli kneels in front of Vinny and pulls off his gloves and he immediately feels the sharp cold wind against them. But that doesn't stop him from taking his boyfriend's face between his hands and kissing him. Vinny tries his hardest not to smile but fails and pulls away.

"I really want you." Eli whispers into Vinny's ear giving him shivers "Let's just ditch. Let me make you feel good."

Vinny laughed and kissed Eli's nose.

"Ditching school is bad bad bad. Let's just wait it out. Come on, back inside."Vinny stands up and wipes the snows from his pants. He grabs Eli by the hand and leads him inside.

"There's no point in going to class when it's over in three minutes."

Vinny sighs and rocks back on his heels. "True. Okay let's go then."

"To my place?"

"No, you idiot." He unlocks his phone to check his messages. "To class... Now. Let's go right now. "

Vinny grabs Eli's hand and drags him into the school with a strength that neither one of them knew he had.

"Hey hey hey,whats wrong?" Eli said

"Nothing."

"Tell m-"

"I have to go..."

And without another word Vinny took down the hallway in an almost sprint.