Chapter 6

"Sounds like total bullshit to me." Dana commented simply taking a drag of the cigarette and handing it to Eli as they on sat on her steps.

"What makes you say that?" Eli asked flicking the burnt out cigarette to the ground and letting the remains of smoke trail out of his mouth in a misty curl.

"Well no girl,especially if she's your ex-girlfriend-Girls like her never wants to just hang out and be friends there's always a catch.She either wants to get revenge on you for breaking up with her or have sex with you and with Isabelle I bet it's sex."Dana answered running her fingers through her pink and brown !hair.

"Maybe but I feel really bad for making her go through all that.I just want to make it up to her." Eli said dropping his head and looking at his shoes and the concrete step that his feet were resting on.

"I know but- If she tries to make a move on you and you give in then you know she'll make sure everyone's knows then Vinny will find out and you'll probably really hurt him as well as yourself because you're not one to cheat on anyone.You're a softy.Plus I can tell you really like Vinny. " Dana said trying to convince Eli that he shouldn't hang out with Isabelle because she was just trying to get into his pants. Eli knew that was true,but he just wanted to make it up to her.

Eli opened his mouth to respond when he phone rang in his pocket.It was a text.Two actually.One from Makeena and one from Vinny. The sight of Vinny's name made Eli's heart skip a beat so he opened it first.

I hate the dentist.Come and save meeeeeee. :c

Eli smiled and felt Dana's hair tickling the side of his face as she also looked at Eli's text.

Be a good boy and let the dentist do your teeth. Eli responded after a bit of thinking.

Eli then moved on to Makeena's

You know Vinny's kind of pissed at you?Not like "Grr Imma fucking kill you." but like a " I'm upset but I'll put up with it because I love you" kind of thing.

The moment Eli finished reading the text he didn't know what to say and could only find one word to say.

Why?

Makeena responded almost immediately and held his breath hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

Because you're not all I'm dating a guy and I'm proud kind of thing.Didn't I tell you that he was going to get annoyed with it?He told me he's giving you 3 weeks even though he knows it's hard for you because you're still trying to figure yourself out.But you're dating him so you obviously like boys to some extent.You're being an ass to him.He really likes you Eli.....Just saying.

"Fuck you, Makeena." Eli mumbled under his breath after reading it. "How am I being an ass to him?I didn't do shit. I did what Makeena told me to do and I kind of almost fucked him in school but that doens't count because she said I would earn more patience from him,but I can't fucking seem to do anything right for him. This is why I hate people."

"Don't worry about it. Just put your phone away,turn it off,and we'll just spend the day together.Okay?" Dana smiled taking her phone out her pocket and turning it off and waiting for Eli to do the same.

I'm not being an ass.I'm just like.. I don't know I just need time Makeena.I gotta go. Eli responded with a frustrated sigh wishing he could elaborate more on how much of an ass he wasn't.

Eli knew he was in fact ignorant,sassy,rude,funny,hot,nice,and so many other things but he was NOT an ass and if he was it would go along with him being ignorant and sassy but those three things go hand and hand when it comes to Eli.

"Eli. Your phone." Dana commanded.

"Okay,okay." Eli said,turning his phone off and handing it to her.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Do you think people are missing me right now maybe I should just check my-"

"Ask me for your phone again and I will bite you fucking fingers off."Dana warned Eli for the 15th time.

"But it misses me." Eli whined pouting but giving up and laying down on Dana's lap. "Things are not like they were before. Everything is all topsy-turvy and something about it feels different.It's annoying."

"I know.Like it's unsettling and you know what's wrong but you can't put it in words you just feel it."Dana said distantly watching the smoke come out of her mouth.

"Yeah.I thought I was the only one.Maybe it's just Vinny and the whole I'm dating a guy and I'm supposedly straight.It makes me feel weird like I like him so much and I just-I don't even know.We're changing the subject it's making me upset." Eli moaned.

"Haha.Okay."Dana laughed."How did you even start to like him.What made you look at him?"

"I thought he was a girl and I was about to walk over there but I realized it was boy and before I could think differently.I thought damn he's hot. It was strange but I didn't really think about that I was just thinking about him and then I was just like oh I like him and I told Makeena but I kept denying it was a crush and Makeena kept calling it that and I finally gave in."

"Does your mom know?"

"No,but I plan on telling her.Not anytime soon but soon."Eli lied.

"I wonder how she's going to react." Dana said distantly

"Me too."